Moments Of Happiness

Moments Of Happiness

Some moments you wish time would stop.

1673
Moments Of Happiness
Photo by Kawin Harasai on Unsplash

Moments of happiness can be:

Driving down an old backroad, with the windows down and your favorite tune playing through the stereo. Your hair blows in every direction from the warm fresh air hitting your face. You have one arm resting on the window and one hand on the steering wheel. You can see the sunset in your rearview mirror. The distant colors painted beautifully across the sky. You hum along with the song on the stereo and you smile— not because something particularly great happened but because you’re happy with life.

Rolling over in the early hours of the morning when you feel like you’re the only one awake. Brewing a cup of coffee to put in your favorite mug—because what is a sunrise with a mug of coffee? As you step outside you hear the birds chirping in an effort to wake the world up and remind everyone that a new day has arrived. As you move to your front porch steps you take in the fresh air of a brand new day and see squirrels run across the dewy grass.

No matter how old you are, sleepovers will always be fun and necessary. Hanging out with your friends that you haven’t seen in a while. Watching movies, making popcorn, eating junk food, catching up on each other's lives. Surround yourself with people who know everything about you. The people in your life who know how to make you laugh until you cry. Just being around them makes you feel safe.

The road trip itself brings so much joy. The restless nights leading up to the departure. Packing the car and making sure your seat is the most comfortable. Listening to music as you pass through the different cities and towns. There are so many memories in the car with my brothers and cousin as we passed through different states. We would try to hold our breath through the tunnels. We would get different snacks at gas stations so we could share them throughout the long car ride.

Moments that may not seem so significant can also be moments that bring the most peace. Life is full of small and big moments, but they’re all equally as important. You might be having a good day and someone may ask why? Why is today so exceptionally different than any other day? That can be a loaded question. The truth is, today might not be exceptionally different than yesterday, but today might just feel good, you may feel at peace, your favorite song may have come on the radio —and that alone is enough to make a day good.