10 Must-Do Things You Should Do in Minneapolis

No Twin Cities bucket-list is complete without these staples.

17
Hope Sutton

Growing up in Minnesota probably makes me more than a little bias, but Minneapolis really is the best city in the Midwest. Here’s ten things you have to cross off your bucket list next time your travel through the Twin Cities.

1. Calhoun, Minnetonka, and Harriet, oh my!

If you ever find yourself in the land of 10,000 lakes, you really can’t have a proper Minneapolis visit without enjoying these Minneapolis beauties.

2. Movies in the park.

Looking for a cheap date night or a way to save on movie ticket money? Local parks in Minneapolis run free movies and concerts in the park all summer. Bring a blanket and enjoy beautiful Minneapolis nights while watching your favorite flicks.

3. Food Trucks.

Minneapolis is one of the most diverse cities in the United States and it is home to tastes from around all around the world. From tacos to gyros - try cuisine from all over the globe right on the streets of the most beautiful city.

4. Riverview theatre.

This theatre is just one of the many hidden gems in Minneapolis. With ticket prices ranging from $2-3 and access to the world’s best popcorn - you really can’t beat the heat anywhere better than the Riverview.

5. Ice Skating.

We don’t have sub-zero temperatures for nothing! In the land of hockey, you have to visit our local parks and bundle up and get out on the ice.

6. Minneapolis Institute of Art.

MIA is a non-profit museum that features works from both ancient and modern collections from all around the world. The best part is - admission is free so you can enjoy the beauty without breaking the bank.

7. Minnehaha Falls.

Whether it’s watching the water rush during the summer or the leaves turn color in the fall - Minnehaha Falls in one of the most beautiful natural features found in Minneapolis.

8. Mall of America.

The Mall of America boasts over 520 stores, making it the largest mall in the United States and the best part is no clothes tax. Even if you’re not a shopper - MOA has everything from Legos to Lois Vuitton

9. Global Market.

You don’t have to spend thousands on a plane ticket to get get the overseas experience in Minneapolis. One of the most unique things about the 612 is its diversity and what better way to encounter the world than getting a taste of culture at the Midtown Global Market?

10. Lake Drives.

We’re the Land of 10,000 lakes - of course this is going to make the list. You really haven’t lived until you’ve rolled down your windows, turned your stereo up, and driven around the lakes after dark.

Minneapolis is a city that has a little bit of everything for everyone. The list speaks for itself - visit Minneapolis.