Minecraft

Age Doesn't Matter, You Should Still Play Minecraft

How my 10-year-old daughter has me playing her favorite game…

59

Minecraft is an online game by a company called Mojang where players can build and interact with cube-based worlds to create and play however they wish to.

My daughter has become obsessed with Minecraft. So obsessed in fact that she has dragged me into it. I've got an account now and worlds and we play in creative so we can build stuff. It's all rather odd to me, but she loves being able to play together, so we do. Here are my reasons you should be playing Minecraft no matter your age.

1. You Can Create Interesting Worlds

cdn.pixabay.com

Apparently, there are tons of different types of worlds that can generate in Minecraft. You could play in the snow, a grassy plain, or even a huge forest of trees. The choices are endless.

2. You Can Build Tons Of Cool Stuff

cdn.pixabay.com

We've made a house, a zoo, and are working on a massive treehouse in the sky. The possibilities here are endless too.

3. There Is A Huge Following/Community

accessify.com

So many people play and know Minecraft that if you get stuck on something like I did, you can always look it up and learn how to get that function to work exactly right when you need it to.

4. It Is A Great Way To Spend Time Together

youtube.com

Families can spend a bit of time working on a Minecraft world together. You'll get a chance to talk to and connect with your kid and they get to play a favorite game. It's a win-win situation.

5. It Is Actually A Whole Lotta Fun

www.maxpixel.net

This is pretty self-explanatory, but I have had a blast learning how to play Minecraft from my 10-year-old. She has just recently stopped calling me a noob (new player) every five minutes, but if I do something really silly in the game she still says that it was a noob moment.

Overall, if you've never played Minecraft, you should try it out just once to see all the great things this game can do.