Millennials To Be Banned From Disney World, Why?

You're not entitled to everything because it annoys you, Karen.

32

Recently, I opened up my Facebook to see a news article about a mother trying to get all childless Millennials banned from Disney World. [See article here]

First, I would like to address how absolutely ridiculous this entire thing is. Karen, bless your heart but no one is listening to you so you might as well quit while you're ahead.

Let's take this bit by bit.

First, your outcry of "People without CHILDREN need to be BANNED!!", should be re-evaluated. In saying this, you are essentially saying that Disney World is no longer what Walt Disney himself intended which was to create the happiest place on Earth, regardless of race, gender or age.

Second, I understand that your irritation stems from your 3-year-old having a public tantrum over not being able to wait in a long line for a pretzel. Understand this, a 3-year-old is just that. THEY ARE 3. Your son does not understand the concept of not getting ahead of others to get what he wants and probably does not understand the concept of waiting in an extensive line because it's what you're supposed to do. Children know what they want and in most cases, they do their best to get it. Children will cry. Children will throw tantrums. It is no one's fault but if your irritation stems from the fact that you said 'no' and your child threw a fit and you wanted to appease him, that one, my dear, is all on you.

Yes, younger people may have a connection with Disney that you might not have had. However, it's because we grew up with the franchise booming and being given the Cinderella birthday parties and Harry Potter wands.

Now that Disney owns Star Wars and remaking the movies we so loved as kids, what else did you expect? I, myself, am a huge Harry Potter fan and would love to see the magic of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It doesn't make me horrible because I don't want to bring a child with me. It makes me 19-years-old and wanting to reach my childhood dream of walking through Hogsmeade.

From the time you are born to the time you die, you are welcome at Disney World. It would be stupid to think otherwise. Gearing an entire franchise this successful to children only would be its downfall.

Adults have just grown children, after all.