​When You’re A Mess, But Things Still Fall Into Place

Bless this mess.

14

Let’s face it: we’re all some degree of a mess right now. Whether you’re a little disorganized or a complete trainwreck, survival is the priority. The last month of the semester feels like the world is ending, and then when you get to finals, you’re convinced you don’t know if you’ll make it.

However, through the weeks and weeks of stress, we start to realize that little by little, things start going in our favor. We didn’t bomb that test like we thought we would. We actually got eight hours of sleep. We have more in our bank account than we realized.

You didn’t know how something was going to come to fruition, and yet somehow, it just does. That is called faith my friends. By faith, we are able to be a complete, absolute mess, but God works for our greater good. He is always providing what we need, when we need it—even when it looks very different from what/when we think we need it.

I’m the first to admit, I’m the biggest of messes right now. If my trainwreck had it’s own trainwreck that would be an accurate representation of my life. Okay, so that’s dramatic, but it’s a true example when trying to explain the absolute lack of control I feel in my life. But throughout this stressful semester, I am continuously reminded of how good our God is.

I always forget the sovereignty of God. Between promising I’ll do my missed devotion time tomorrow, or falling asleep praying—I’m not sure why—but it always feels harder than it should to be a good Christian during college. I put my energy into worrying and my attention into things out of my control. I neglect one of the most important relationships in my life because I’m weak, which is incredibly sobering and humbling. It shows me just how much I need to rely on God. And even through my weakness, He is always working for what is best for us.

So even though we are a mess, things are still able to fall into place.