Men Deserve To Be Empowered Too

Men Deserve To Be Empowered Too

Don't let modern feminism suppress your potential.

19
Men Deserve To Be Empowered Too
Taylor Marie Hayden

With all of the light recently being shone on women and their opinions about different things, marches, and protests, I want to direct the attention to the sex who never has been and never will be as demanding as females (trust me, I definitely fall into that category). You all deserve to be empowered just as much as us females. While I'm all for women's rights, I feel that some of your voices, opinions, and thoughts have been stomped into the ground and silenced. I just wanted to personally take some time to apologize.

I'm sorry that women have taken and killed your unborn children without even thinking twice about how you would feel. Women are fighting for the right to do so, while you still need a woman to sign off on your vasectomy. I deeply feel for all of you whose dreams of becoming fathers have been stripped because your wife, girlfriend, or even one-night-stand decided that you wouldn't be a part of that decision. And that the law allows that to happen.

I'm sorry that the way you are talked about. I scroll through my Twitter feed and see tweet after tweet saying things like the following:

"Where have all of the good guys gone?"

"Why is every boy so dumb?"

"Where can I find a man like this???? *shows picture of some rich boyfriend who got his girlfriend $700 worth of designer stuff*"

I'm sorry for all of these ridiculous expectations that have supposedly been set for you all, while women are marching to get rid of their expectations. I promise, not all of us girls put you all under the same blanket.

Girls are always empowering each other, but you never see guys being empowered by anybody except themselves. I'm here to tell you that you are all worth it. You keep being yourself, and life will treat you as it's supposed to. In the midst of all of the drama going on with females, just don't forget about yourselves. You see so many things going around social media about why all women should feel worth it, beautiful, powerful, strong, and many other great qualities. I read every one of these articles, soak it all up, and write down quotes from them and post them on my wall. Then I feel bad for the guys. You don't ever see articles about them and how they're worth it, handsome, powerful, or strong. But you all are.

My moral of the story is that even though society doesn't tell you men like it tells us women, you all are handsome, worth it, powerful, strong human beings who can do anything you want to. Don't let the modern-day feminism suppress your potentials. You can soar right alongside with us women.