13 Ways To Have A Memorable First Date

13 Ways To Have A Memorable First Date

"I will remember you."

6073
13 Ways To Have A Memorable First Date
Flickr Creative Commons/Miroslav Petrasko

So you've known this girl for a while and want to become the man of her dreams, right? Well, in order to become the man of her dreams, you'll need to take her on the date of her dreams. Not sure how to do that? Don't worry! I'm here to help! I may not be an expert, but I am a girl who has expectations for the perfect first date. (My expectations are probably common among other girls too. Just saying.)

So, without further ado, here are some tips on how to make her first date with you a memorable one:

1. Ask her out the RIGHT way.

Now, we all know that you should NEVER break up with a person through text, right? The same rule applies for asking a girl out for the very first time. After the first date, texting her to ask her if she wants to go out with you is fine. However, you want to make the first time that you ask her out extra special. And how do you do that? By asking her out in person!

Yes, I know that the thought of doing so may be extremely terrifying, but I promise you it will mean so much more to her if you do. Also, to increase her chances of saying "Yes," make sure that you are extremely nonchalant when you pop the question. Don't even make it seem like you are asking her out on a date. Just say, "Hey, would you want to hang out sometime?" If she says, "Yes," then tell her when and where you'll meet her for the date. If she says, "No, thanks," then just reply with, "Okay! See you later, then."

2. Determine an appropriate venue for your date.

Now it's time to determine an appropriate venue for your date.Take her somewhere you can create wonderful memories together. No, it doesn't have to be an expensive restaurant. It can be a nearby park, a bowling alley, or even to an ice cream shop. After all, what's most important is that you two are spending time together.

3. Dress appropriately.

Now that you've asked her out and determined a time and place for your date, you'll need to pick out something to wear. Dress appropriately depending on the location of the date, as well as what you plan on doing together. Girls honestly LOVE it when guys dress formal (this may be a good idea if you plan on going on a dinner date)! However, if you plan on going on a more casual date, then wearing a nice shirt and a pair of jeans is perfectly fine.

4. Mind your manners.

Guys, please make sure to mind your manners while you are on your date (or at all times, as a matter of fact). One quality that I personally do not like in a guy is when he curses, but that's just me. Every girl is different. Just remember, if it is something that is going to "turn us off," please DO NOT bother to do it!

5. Ask her questions about herself.

I'm going to be completely honest. Girls LOVE talking about themselves! This means that the more questions you ask us about ourselves, the more we'll start to like you. Okay, maybe not. But it will definitely help! In all honesty, I LOVE it when a guy asks me questions about myself, regardless of whether or not we are on a date. This shows he is truly interested in learning more about me, and I absolutely love it! If you are not sure about the kinds of questions you should ask while on your date, here are some ideas:

"How was your day?"

"What are your plans for after graduation?"

"What do you like to do for fun?"

"What's your family like?"

6. Tell her more about yourself.

During a date, it is extremely important that both individuals get a chance to tell each other more about themselves. This will make both of you more comfortable around each other, as well as help you decide if you want to take the relationship any further. Don't be nervous! I can honestly say that I usually want to know so much more about the guys that I like. However, I'm just too afraid to ask. Tell her about your family, your interests, even your classes. This is your chance to shine! Show her how interesting you really are! Just make sure you are completely honest with her.

7. Compliment her.

Three words: girls love compliments! We honestly do, whether we like you or not. Complimenting us not only shows that you are interested in us, but it also makes us feel so much more confident about ourselves, and we love that feeling! Here's a way to make complimenting her much easier for you: If you haven't become her friend or followed her on social media yet, DO IT! Take some time to look at her pictures and profile information. Notice anything that's worthy of a compliment? Maybe you think she looks really pretty in one of her pictures, or admire the fact that she volunteers at an animal shelter.That's your chance to compliment her! Just say, "So I was looking at some of your Instagram pictures, and really liked this one!" Trust me, if she really likes you, she'll find it extremely cute that you went through the trouble to look at her pictures.

8. Be yourself.

Now for the most important tip of all: be yourself. Remember, you want this girl to fall in love with you, not some impostor. Yes, you'll probably feel very nervous throughout the date, but trust me, she'll probably feel the exact same way. I actually really liked this one guy when I was younger, and to this day, still believe that one of the main reasons why things didn't work out between us was because I wasn't being myself. Don't make the same mistake I did. Be yourself. Always.

9. Take responsibility for paying the bill.

Maybe it's just because I'm a traditional kind of girl, but I personally feel that the guy should always be the one to pay the bill. It's just a traditional thing to do, and it honestly makes the guy seem so much more masculine and sweet.

10. Walk her home and tell her "Good night."

At the end of your date, make sure to walk that special girl home and tell her "Good night." This will make your night so much more romantic, as well as show her that you are protective of her.

11. If the mood is right, kiss her on the cheek or forehead.

Here's something I'm pretty sure both of you have been looking forward to the entire night: having your first kiss together! If you feel the mood is right, make a move. However, please refrain from any serious kissing for now. After all, both of you are just getting to know each other. Besides, refraining from any serious kissing will make you seem more mysterious and keep her wanting more.

12. Reassure her that you'll see each other again soon.

Unless you want that special girl to think that she did something wrong, make sure to reassure her that you'll see each other again soon. Just say, "I had a wonderful time tonight! Can't wait for the next date." This will show her that you are still interested in her and will make her long to see you again.

13. Don't text her until the next day.

Lastly, to keep her interested in you, you've got to be mysterious. One way to do this is by not texting her until the day after your date. This will make her long to see you again, as well as keep you from looking desperate for her attention.

That concludes this set of tips! Now, go get her!