Dear Future (As In Like 4 Months From Now) Me,

This article is inspired by that little class activity you were forced to do in school, that really annoying assignment where you had to write a letter to your future self:

23

As semester after semester goes by, I saw myself changing before my eyes. Some of these changes were smaller than others, but they were changes none the less. Freshman year was by far the most eye opening and dramatic, while last fall was a bit more simple. While I struggled for that first year, I saw huge improvements as the fall semester went on and I'm hoping that those improvements continue into the spring. There were (and probably always will be) ups and downs, but I know that you'll probably have overcome them in ways only you know how. I'm looking forward to seeing how certain relationships/friendships progress as you meet new people and spend more or less time with others. I'm hopeful that you will continue to boost our GPA, finally getting that 4.0 we've always dreamed of. I'm excited to think about the different places you could possibly go, the things you could see and experiences as I'm sure they are far more than I could ever imagine in this moment.

Unfortunately, I could never predict the future and am unsure of what this semester has in store for us. But, I do know that absolutely one thing is for sure: whatever happens is meant to happen. Things happen for a reason and while we might not appreciate the struggling in the moment, those obstacles are meant to teach us valuable lessons and help us grow as a person.

These may seem like simple things, but I know that they mean a lot to us. So, future me, I hope that you are able to accomplish things that I can only dream of doing; I know that you will go far in such a short amount of time and I look forward to seeing the person I have become. I don't know what the future (as in like 4 months from now) will bring, but I hope you are as excited as I am to see what adventures they hold <3

With love,

Arielle :)