Social Media

Social Media

Social Media

7
Social Media

Social media is very controversial, and I would say changed dramatically in the past two years. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, this is how we communicate. This is how we keep friends and family near and far updated on our lives. We put up pictures to show the world through our eyes. We put up funny moments or something to hopefully make others laugh. We go to it for a place to vent, give opinions, celebrate accomplishments, and also for some encouragement when life can get a little tricky.

In the past 6 months I have learned a whole new side of social media. I have learned that it could in be in fact a great way to find jobs, and earn an extraordinary income, if you use it right…

If you asked me a year ago, I would have said “if you sell something through social media, you are pathetic”. My opinion was forever changed when someone said this to me “Everyone is trying to sell something if they are using these sights but thy are just trying to sell THEM… they are trying to paint a picture perfect life, or they are trying to sell how depressed, angry, happy, sad, or scared they are, so why are we being shamed for selling products? No matter what way you look at, if you use social media not for network marketing, you are just using this free platform to reach large amounts of people.. We are selling products to go along with our lifestyle.”

That made me think long and hard, because it is so true. When you are about to put up a new selfie… Do you put up the one where you look amazing, in hopes of more likes, you do go with the one where you are mid-sneeze… You are putting the best version of yourself out there… so why not use this whole platform to better your life? Why do we shame people that use it, in my opinion the CORRECT way?

Girls get hated on for promoting stuff on Instagram, or Facebook, but network marketing for the many businesses out there is essentially just setting you up financially for life, so why wouldn't you cash in?

Newsflash, the way that writers for the Odyssey get paid, is by shares, likes, comments and page views… Sure it can get annoying seeing my weekly posts for the Odyssey telling you to share it, or my daily posts about Rodan and Fields and the amazing skin care… or all the fitness people that make you feel like a fatass for sitting on the couch all night… but they are investing in something… Something much bigger than the people that are sharing cat videos, and teenagers fighting, or the “share this if you believe in God… He saw you do this…”

Stop hating on the people that have taken their business to Social Media, instead think about how this could help you. Stop thinking it is a scam, or not true, or cant happen; Anything can happen if you work hard enough for it. I am not here to say that there is no scams on the internet, because there sure is, but there is also things that are legit, and could help so many people if you open up your mind and see what everything is all about.. To the people that take there business to social media… I applaud you. This is business that is designed to tear down people, so if you continuously do it, ignore the hate, you will see it all pay off. Don't listen to what your aunts, uncles, “friends”, family, coworkers, or anyone else has to say, you are setting yourself up for success….and the people that say it is stupid, will come around. Just wait it...