What Is This So-Called "Perfect Age" For Marriage?

You're either too young or too old and get bashed for it.

63
BackGround Check Group

Getting married is an important stepping-stone most individuals look forward to. There is no magically age one needs to get married by. People are bashed for either marrying young or at an older age.

I am marrying young according to society. I am going to marry the man of my dreams at the age of 21. Is this too young? Is there a perfect age to get married? I am not particularly sure why people say there is a perfect age to get married since every person and relationship is different. Some relationships move faster than others. Some people do not find their other half until later in life. Everyone moves at a different pace in life. However, I am getting married young and I want to explain why.

I am 21 years old and a full-time student. I have been with my fiancé for over a year and a half. We decided we wanted to get married before we hit our one-year anniversary and started to plan out wedding before being engaged. We both agreed we wanted to be with each other for the rest of our lives. A lot of couples wait a year or more before getting engaged or discussing marriage. I will be attending law school for the next three years, which will consume my entire life. I will not have time to plan a wedding while in law school. Yes, we could wait and get married after law school but if we are going to get married anyway, why wait?

Another reason we are getting married now is we know that it is inevitable we will so what is the wait? He is my person, my best friend, my lover, my drinking buddy, my video game partner, the jokester, and the sunshine to my cloudy day. We have been through a lot as a couple, like any other couple has. We have experienced moving in together, living together for over a year, raising dogs, dealing with death, and many other experiences. We have grown into lovers, best friends, and more. Getting married is something we both want dearly. We want it for the bond that it adds.

While I will be spending the rest of my life with him whether we get married now or later, I want to spend the rest of my life with him as Husband and Wife. I feel that marriage is a special bond between two people who love each other and want to share their love for one another through their marriage. Some say it is just a certificate or a piece of paper. However, it is much more to that. It adds a bond into the relationship that is indescribable.

My fiancé and I are ready to start this journey we call life together. We aren’t getting married to have kids. Actually we are going to wait to have kids for six years, unless we are surprised with one before hand. We are also financially stable to get married, even though that is not a factor that plays into marriage for the two of us.

Every couple moves at their own pace and bashing them for getting married young or too late is unacceptable. Their reasons for getting married may seem silly to you, but be respectful and mindful that every relationship is completely different. We are all different, which is why some of us get married young. later in life, or not at all.