Making the Most of Your Senior Year in High School

So, you're heading to college in the fall

6

Congradulations! You've gotten in a school (or two. Or three) and you're heading to college in the fall (or winter). You (and your family) are probably deciding what you need to bring, and how to prepare yourself for college. But hold on! You still got the rest of Senior Year left to enjoy. Here are 5 tips to make the most of it:

Go to Social Events

It's probably going to be the last time (save reunions and social media) that you're going to see your classmates. Go to social events, spend time with them, if you don't like to socialize or hate going to parties (like me), strike up a conversation.

Go to School Events

media.giphy.com

Who knows the next time you're going to be back in town long enough to see the school play or the football game? Nows your chance. Go! Go now!

Prom!

Get all fancied up and go to prom and/or post-prom! You don't need a limo or a date (I didn't have either the first time I went, and only the limo the second time), and going with a group of friends is a lot less stressful.

Exchange contact info

Like I've said before, talk with classmates, share instas, snapchats, phone numbers, whatever. Find out if there's anyone going to your school or place of work.

Celebrate!

Hartford Courant

You just completed 13 years or more years of schooling! Time to kick back and relax until it's time for college/work force/basic.