Make The Most Of Your College Experience

Because they really might be the greatest 4 years of your life

www.huffingtonpost.com

"College is the best four years of your life."

It's a phrase that we've all heard far more often than not. We leave our "safe zones" to venture out into a new world. For most of you who have either just entered the world of college or have been there for awhile, you've (hopefully) made some of the best memories of your life. In between the whirlwind, it can be easy to let time slip by.

Whatever you do, or however you do it -- don't let that happen.

I'm already in my junior year at my favorite place on the planet, and it feels like just yesterday was my freshman year move-in day. I've met some of the most amazing people and have experienced unforgettable moments, and it terrifies me to know that I'm already halfway done with this incredible adventure.

Make the most of every second. Experience every minute to the fullest and try new things as often as possible. If you've been dying to go and try that new place with your friends, stop waiting! There's plenty of time in life to study (and sleep, to be honest), but don't let that get in the way of spending time and making the most of life either. From my experience, the most spontaneous of memories have come out to be some of the greatest times of my life.

Soon enough, you'll be in my position (if you haven't been there yet). Or worse, you'll be a senior about walk the stage at graduation, wondering where the past four years have wandered off to.

Eventually, we aren't all going to be under the same bubble that college encompasses us in. We're bound to choose different career paths, live in different places and have different agendas. While many of us are probably going to stay in touch after school, take full advantage of the time you have together now where you can see each other each day.

If you picked the right school, college really does amount to being four of the best years of your life, so don't let them slip by -- it matters how you spend them.