Quick and easy makeup tips

7 Makeup Tips For The Girl Who Gets Up 10 Minutes Before Walking Out The Door

It's a rough time when you have five minutes to make it look like you didn't just wake up

94

If you're anything like me, then you're lucky you got to wherever you were supposed to be this morning even remotely on time.

The struggle is real for us girls that hit the snooze button a minimum of five times every morning, so I've compiled a list of quick makeup tips that work for me. Plus, you can totally read this while you're procrastinating going to sleep early, and then use these tips when you inevitably wake up late the next morning!

1. Mascara changes everything

For me (and basically all of my girlfriends), putting on a quick coat of mascara dramatically makes us look more put together. A lot of times, it's the only makeup I'll wear when I'm running late, and it makes me feel like I at least have my life a little bit together. You can also try curling your lashes quickly beforehand if you're lashes are naturally straight!

2. Go for quick, neutral eyeshadows

If you have a little bit more time to spare (say you're really on top of it one morning and get up 15 minutes before you have to go instead of 10), you can put on some quick eyeshadow.

I'm obviously not talking about a whole cut crease situation here, but I usually just put a lighter neutral color on the lid, and then a darker color in the crease, and blend it out. It only takes about three minutes total, and adds a nice, natural touch to your look for the day!

3. A little bit of eyeliner in a flash

If you're feeling really crazy, and have an extra two minutes or so, you can throw on some basic black eyeliner.

If I'm too worried about messing up a winged liner, I'll just draw a straight line across my lid and add some mascara. I've gotten a bunch of compliments on this look along with the neutral eyeshadow, saying how natural and pretty it is! If liquid eyeliner is too hard for you to use, try an eyeliner pen or marker.

My favorite is NYX's That's The Point. If you do want to take a risk and go for a winged liner, try drawing the wing first and then connecting it to the lid, that's the method that always works best for me.

4. Chapstick is the new lip gloss

I always put on a little bit of chapstick in the morning, and sometimes reapply during the day since it literally only takes two seconds.

The best part is, it keeps your lips soft and smooth throughout the day! This is especially important in the winter, if you live somewhere cold like me, because it keeps your lips from getting dry and cracked. Vaseline Lip Therapy (I prefer the rosy lips one) works the best for this, but I also like Burt's Bees and my trusty Carmex.

5. Skin care is the most important thing in this world

Using some skin care products before you go to bed can honestly change your life - and your rushed morning routine - for the better. I've recently started using L'Oreal's pure sugar scrub to help unclog my pores, and it's worked wonders already!

Seriously, I got a compliment on how clear and glowy my skin was on the first day I tried it. The most important thing is finding what skin care products, masks, and exfoliators work for your skin. I also use a gentle moisturizer every morning, which only takes a few minutes to put on.

Pro tip: clay masks tend to bring acne out, so don't use them the night before you have a big event!

6. The secret eyeshadow primer trick

Imagine this: it's 7:50 a.m., you have to be out the door in five minutes or you'll be late again.

You wish you could go back in time to 15 minutes ago and stop yourself from hitting the snooze button for the third time, but it's too late now! You're about to put on a quick coat of mascara when you see it; a huge, red zit sitting right smack dab in the middle of your forehead. You reach into your makeup bag with a shaky hand, it's 7:52 now, and feel the panic coursing through your veins when you pull out a completely empty bottle of concealer.

But fear not! You still have a bit of eyeshadow primer left... My secret trick is to use a bit of eyeshadow primer, my favorite is Urban Decay, on your pimple to cover it up. This should work on most lighter to olive skin tones, and is a quick alternative for people who don't usually wear face makeup! Eyeshadow primer is also great to put under your neutral eyeshadow look to make sure it lasts all day.

7. And finally, a few hair tips

I know this isn't a makeup tip, but I learned the hard way that the best way to have nice hair in the morning (for the people who shower at night) is to blow your hair dry before you go to sleep.

In the past, I was always too lazy to dry my hair at night, but sleeping on wet hair plus getting up with only 10 minutes to spare always equaled a frizzy mess. If you have longer hair, you can even braid it at night to get a nice wavy effect in the morning.

Also, remember that anti-frizz serums are your best friend! If you're really pressed for time, you could always just throw your hair into a trusty braid or a top knot and run out the door.

Hopefully this list will help you next time you're in a time crunch to get out the door!