Let's Make America Sane Again

Before We Can MAGA, Let's MASA: Make America Sane Again

Cause it has lost its freaking mind...

67

America, as of July 4th, 1776, has been the land of the free. There are many reasons why America is great and not so great. Ever since Trump and his administration took the Oval Office there has been a push to "Make America Great Again." When this became the mission statement for Trump's campaign, America went into a frenzy. "Make America Great Again" became the new trend of the nation and quickly divided us while doing so. Because of this statement and the person it was associated with, life in America began to become a little awkward. You could go as far as crazy, one might say.

No need to remind everyone about the most recent Presidential election, but it is important to note what the effect of this election had not only during the election but after. This was the first election (at least that I have seen) where social media tipped the balance of influence. In previous elections, there weren't as many outlets (in my opinion) to reach out to various groups as this election had. With the ease of access in technology for this election, a lot of debates took place in the comment sections and threads of Reddit.

Which brings me to my point...

America went totally insane during the 2016 Presidential Election. As the candidates began to narrow down the longer the comments and status became. Those who supported the Trump administration were met swiftly with harsh comments and even unfriended because of there stance. Others were ostracized because of there choice to align themselves with someone like Trump. On the other hand, social media went rampant about the emails that the Clinton administration had a hard time dealing with.

Friends became enemies. Enemies became friends. Tweets turned into protests. Statuses turned into fights. It was either you were against or for. There was not a grey area and if there was it was just another venue to cause mayhem.

The very foundation of this nation that we all have in common, Freedom, was exercised in such an irrational way that you felt captive to the freedom that you were exercising. With one wrong word usage or careless placement of words in a sentence, you could easily find yourself on the other side of the internet.

Let us remember that the sun will still rise in the morning and set at night. Let's not think about what separates us, but what brings us together. It is on us to not only "Make America Great Again," but "Make America Sane Again."

Cause we're nuts about America! (OK, I'll leave now)