I dont like where I live

5 Ways To Love The Space You Live In

Put in the effort to make it feel like your home.

487
5 Ways To Love The Space You Live In

Everyone should love where they live. Your home is a break away from the stress and chaos of the outside world. You should be able to relax and have a good time. If that's not the case for you, here are a few ways to love the space you live.

1. Get to know your roommates

Right now, I share an apartment with four other people. Two of which are international students so there's a slight language barrier. In the past I never got along with my roommates and I think it was because I stopped getting to know them. I'm a person who likes to come home to silence and solace. But getting to laugh and catch up with my roommates makes me a little more excited to be there. Last week we all made dinner together and got to catch up. I don't get to see my roommates often so it was a nice bonding moment to have.

2. Keep the space clean

Imagine coming home after a long day to dirty dishes, a messy room, and overflowing trash can. Just thinking about it stresses me out. Taking 20 minute a day to clean up and do chores will make your life a lot easier and your home more enjoyable.

3. Find a signature scent

I absolutely love when things smell good. All my lotions, hair care products, and cleaning supplies have smells I like and it makes me excited to use them. You can do this with your home too. Figure out your favorite scent and buy it a candle or plug in air freshener so your place can feel like home. Also try essential oils. I like mixing lavender and lemon oil, it makes me really calm and relaxed.

4. Decor. Decor. Decor!

Just like I love smells, I love having pretty things to look at. And with decorating you can always find inexpensive items that liven up a room. For example, I love flowers and I try to have fresh flowers on my table as often as possible. And for an inexpensive alternative you could find fake flowers almost anywhere. Some other options would be lamps, mirrors, string lights, or art pieces. TJMaxx and Marshall's always has nice décor for those on a budget.

5. Invite friends over

This is more about creating good associations and memories in your home. If you having friends over will make your home feel more welcoming and will become associated with laughter and warmth. Friends don't have to come over very often either. I strongly value my alone time but my friends are always welcome for special occasions.