Looking Towards 2017

Looking Towards 2017

Some nice things happened to me in 2016 - how about 2017?

7
Looking Towards 2017
armstrongcomics.com

Last week I wrote a little list about the good things that happened in 2016. I would like to keep that positivity ball rolling and make a personal list of the good things that are going to happen in 2017! So let's get to it:

1. Movies!

Okay first and foremost, the most important part of 2017, Power Rangers reboot movie is released!! Other great movies such as "Beauty and the Beast," "Lego Batman," and "Star Wars: Episode VIII" are coming out this year too! So needless to say any money I earn this year will be going to the theater.

2. Comics!

Actually, when I think about it, my money will not just go to the theater. It will also go towards new Power Rangers comics! It is a new year, so that means more comics to look forward to. Especially exciting is the Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers crossover miniseries starting this month. Seeing Wonder Woman and the Pink Ranger together is a dream come true, honestly.

3. Job!

I do not think money will be too much of a problem though, since I have accepted a steady organist job at a local church! I will be alternating with another organist so I am not playing every week, but it is nice to know I will have a mostly regular paying job.

4. Animation!

While I am not sure how ready I am to go back to school, my classes are going to steadily increase their focus on animation and other skills I need for my future. So while hours and homework may be a drag, the work will be worth it in the end.

5. Projects!

Speaking of animation, one of my 2017 resolutions is to work more on animating personal projects, not just for schoolwork. The more contributions to a portfolio or resume, the better! So I finally started a YouTube channel as a way to show off my work and hopefully gain a little audience.

6. Disneyland!

This summer, my family is going to California! This is especially exciting to me, since if I want to work for Disney I have to know my way around its home state. And of course, seeing Disneyland for the first time will be a great experience.

7. College!

Right now I am preparing my application for transfer to Pratt Institute for the fall of 2017. I cannot wait for this next step in my education, and to move to what is supposedly the "art-making center of the world." Of course, I am also excited for campus cats and living close to Time Square's gigantic Disney Store.

8. Birthday!

Finally, this year I am finally reaching another milestone of ages and turning 21! I do not think this will totally affect me in a big way, as I do not plan on drinking much, but it will still be a nice feeling to know that I made it this far.

So those are some nice things of 2017 planned for me. But the best part is, those are only the things I know about. Who knows what other great things will happen this year!