Look Good For Class And You'll Do Good In Class

When You Look Your Best You Do Your Best, In College AND In Life

You owe it to yourself to put your best foot forward.

124

When you look put together you feel put together, it's as simple as that.

There's a reason you don't show up to a job interview looking like you just rolled out of bed because if you did you wouldn't be putting your best foot forward.

When you're a college student the last thing you want to do is wake up any earlier than you have to. Let alone wake up earlier just so you can get ready and look nice to sit in a lecture for three hours.

But I think you should give it a try.

If you get up a few minutes earlier and spend some time preparing yourself for the day you'll feel so much more awake once you get to class and be so much more confident in yourself.

Having confidence in yourself allows you to do your best. When you're confident nothing is holding you back from putting yourself out there and taking advantage of every opportunity that comes your way.

Most job establishments require their employees to look professional at work, for the same reasons professors ask students to dress up on presentation day; when you look the part people automatically take you more seriously.

Some people get upset about this and stress that physical appearance shouldn't be what we are judged on. While I agree with them, that how we look on the outside doesn't always reflect who we are on the inside, I understand that people's first judgments are based on what they see.

But when you feel good about what you're wearing you're more likely to focus on what you're doing, and not the fact that you're wearing sweats in front of the whole class when your professor asks you to solve a problem on the board.

I know that I'm my most confident self when I feel put together, so I will gladly set my alarm 30 minutes earlier and force myself out of bed if it means that I will feel ready to take on the day.