Load Up On Laughter

Load Up On Laughter

Unsure of which stand-up comedian is right for you? Check out this manual for finding your quick fix of daily giggles.

15
Load Up On Laughter

Need a laugh but taken aback by all the names and faces clamoring for your attention? Walk through this exhibition and find which comedian is most likely to get you your quick fix of giggles:

My life is a joke, a perpetuating routine of ridiculous circumstances and hilarious characters with incidents that are sometimes impossible to relay; however, there is a group of very talented human beings who have a knack for this exact type of relaying. “A day without laughter is a day wasted” This quote is fact in my book and for that reason, I was drawn to stand up and now humbly consider myself to be a comedy aficionado. For roughly two years, I have sauntered through the gallery of comics, Saturday Night Live comedians, and talk show hosts of the 20th and 21st century in search of the best kind of stitches. Therefore, I offer a guide of sorts for finding the right fit for you –

For old souls, realists, thinkers, and believers in the magic of the mundane:

Jerry is first for a reason; I simply believe him to be a consistent “best.” Innovative and a hard worker who meticulously crafts his material, Jerry’s jokes are thoughtful, insightful, and based almost entirely on observation. His show is often referred to as “the show about nothing” due to the fact that there is no major goal within it but in fact, I believe it is a show about everything because that is exactly what Jerry hones in on: the details of everyday’s everything. A healthy dose of cynicism combined with realistic perceptions and an adherence to clean jokes for the sake of true laughs, Jerry's comedy ultimately renders joy whether on his top of the charts television series, his stand up routines, or in his online show Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.

Louis C.K. has a style of self deprecation that, though exaggerated, most people can relate to, and he manipulates it in such a way that allows others to assert their own disinterest with themselves or with the world around them and find it entirely too laughable. He takes material that, though arranged in a dry way, surprises you with its malleability.

Like them? Check out Alan King: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGlX9xrARC0

For those that like edgy, non-stop laughter

Chris Rock will make you laugh no matter what, so long as you are able to relax in his boundary crossing material and truly relish in the belly burning jokes he yells at his audience in his iconic voice (Marty, is that you?) To call him successful is a massive understatement, as Rock has been voted funniest man and for a good reason. He too examines social, gender, racial views and intertwines storytelling that creates a body of work far from forgettable.

Eddie Murphy's comedy is all too true to the title of his sets: Raw and Delirious as his jokes are blunt and fast and quick to the punch yet he presents such an insight on others and himself that appears in the way he tells stories or in his spot-on impressions that leaves the audience rolling ever so deliriously.

I'm sure you've seen his face and he's been in a plethora of films therefore, I won't explain THE Kevin Hart in depth; however, he is a go-to if you dig these guys.

For theyoung or young at heart, and those that cherish quick quips and unique style:

Aziz Ansari, known by some as Tom Haverford or for his new Masters of NoneNetflix series, Aziz has a voice and timing that is completely its own. His work focuses on the hilarities and trials of young people and the influence of being born and raised in the South with parents from New Delhi is also evident. Looking at life through Ansari’s eyes, there is humor in today’s world in just about most interactions. Watch his stand up, and then go watch him in an interview with DJ Khaled; he smiles and nods throughout but you can practically read his mind. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvnzU7OMi00

Dan Soder is the definition of fresh as he moves through his bit, and within minutes the viewer could say they feel as if they know him personally. He too breaks down modern day world in the eyes of a young adult and has timing that is not only satisfying, but impeccable.

For theanalytical who enjoy quick, fast-paced jokes:

Robin Williams was an absolute mastermind of comedy, and listening to him tell jokes or simply talk in interviews requires a great deal of concentration to trail the path his brain blazes for the viewer. His comedy is a phenomenon that is intellectual and warming. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yxjK3_qBSo

For those who love a good story and a guy with a hilarious voice who tells it:

Dave Chappelle isn't one to follow the rules and his comedy is enriched by that facet greatly. His distinctive voice and lax disposition make him irresistible; therefore, a high recommendation.

The list goes on, and my descriptions are far from truly delineating the breadth of talent these individuals all possess. Here are a few others if you're in laughing mood and exploring this beneficial field:

Richard Pryor
Sarah Silverman
Gaberiel "Fluffy" Iglesies
<span class="redactor-invisible-space">Amy Schumer
Chris Tucker
<span class="redactor-invisible-space">Jim Gaffigan
</span></span>

Keep chuckling