Living in the Moment

Living in the Moment

6

When I'm feeling down, it's easy to let other things bring me down further.  A sad song on the radio can make a bad day worse, introducing an ugly, snorting cry into the mix. This is bad especially in my car because I don't have tinted windows, so I can't even hide the black mascara streaks running down my face. I used to just label the entire 24 hours as a “bad day,” and allow myself to be in a sour mood until I went to bed that night.  However, the older I get, the more tips I discover that make life’s hurdles just a smidge easier to tackle.  

I have found that the most important task a person will ever encounter is about finding the good in every aspect of life.  Happiness is closer than it seems.  College life is busy.  We often are too busy to finish our schoolwork or get that recommended 8 hours of sleep at night, let alone take time to do leisure activities.  

I say make time for your passions.  If you love drawing, reading, running or talking to your mom on the phone, make time for it, even if it is only for 15 minutes.  At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what you accomplished if you aren't happy. Just stop and look around. There are only 3 short weeks left of this semester and for the seniors, it's their last one.  

While walking to class, look around at this beautiful campus and take in the atmosphere.  It's easy to take this time for granted, but try to make the conscious effort to live in each moment. I cannot begin to explain how much I love Florida State.  Everything about this campus makes me proud to say it’s name when asked where I go to school.  While I am graduating in August, I'm not sure that anywhere else can make me feel as happy as I am when I am here, but I'm looking forward to the future!