Living In Colorado

Living In Colorado

We have four national parks, and 42 state parks that will keep you busy outside for hours, and sometimes days.

21
Living In Colorado
Google.com

In the last few years, Colorado has been gaining more attention, and has become more popular. Since Denver was been voted the No. 1 place to live in the United States, it has become even more of a hotspot for tourists, and continues to attract people wanting to move here. Unfortunately, with all of the people moving here, Colorado has become more congested and traffic is absolutely horrible, especially when you are headed to the mountains for the weekend.

Believe it or not, Denver doesn’t smell like weed, and neither does the rest of Colorado. It has become a stereotype for us natives, and transplants ever since Amendment 64 was passed in 2012. While there are people who come to Colorado, some believe they'll receive a free pass to smoke weed, but most people move here for the sights, and the activities.

It is no secret that Colorado weather can change on a dime, and you have to layer your clothing 80 percent of the time to make sure you will be warm enough during the day, but it is definitely worth it. We have 4 national parks, and 42 state parks that will keep you busy outside for hours, and sometimes days.

People come to Colorado, for all of the things that it offers. It doesn’t matter what season it is, because there is always something to do. In the winter, for example, you can do activities such as skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, sledding, ice fishing, and pretty much anything else you can think of. In the summer months, there are even more outdoor activities at your disposal. There are activities such as mountain climbing, hiking, rock climbing, camping, swimming, stand up paddle boarding, fly fishing and countless others.

My personal favorite activity to do during the summer consists of a tent, family, a campfire, and s’mores. In the middle of the city, you are able to see a limited number of stars, but out in the middle of nowhere underneath the cover of trees with no light pollution, the sky is completely filled with the tiny dazzling lights.

There is so much that Colorado has to offer, and it has produced some favorite restaurants and businesses over the years. Noodles & Company and Chipotle both started in Denver, the oh so famous Coors Beer started in Golden, and King Soopers started in Arvada.

With so many activities that Colorado has going for it, it is no surprise that it has become so popular. It is really great that people are enjoying all that the state has to offer. I can’t speak for everyone, but I all I ask is that everyone helps keep Colorado the way it is to help preserve all of the national and state parks, and help to keep them clean so everyone may enjoy this beautiful state.