10 Commandments For Living Your Best Life

10 Commandments for living your best life

You only get one life, so make the most of it!

1603
Sara Lewis

We often ask ourselves how we can make our lives better and be happier. Here are ten commandants that will help you on your journey to living your best life.

1. Take care of yourself

Don't be so concerned with others or your obligations that you forget to take care of yourself. Make sure you get enough sleep, eat healthily, and drink plenty of water. You can't help others or perform well if you don't take care of yourself first.

2. Enjoy the little things

Sometimes we get so caught up in our busy lives, and we forget to enjoy the daily pleasures of life. Remember to take a break and relax, whether it be by reading a book or lounging on the beach.

3. Be bold

You only have one life, so don't be afraid to take risks. Apply to that college, ask that guy out, and accept that internship. You'll never know what could happen if you don't try, and you might regret not being bold.

4. Never look back

woman walking on water

What's done is done. You can't change the past no matter how badly you want to. Dwelling on the past will only cause unhappiness and distress, so let go of the past and focus on the future.

5. Love yourself

You will only find true happiness if you love yourself. Everyone is unique, and you should be proud of who you are. Remember that you are loved and embrace yourself.

6. Be positive

Life is what you make of it. If you continuously see only the negative parts of life, you won't find happiness. Think about what is going great, and focus on that. If you put out positive thoughts out into the universe, you will see that you are living a much richer life than those around you.

7. Don't sweat the small stuff

Sometimes people can get caught up in incidences that look important at the time, but are so minuscule when looking at the big picture. So what if you failed that math test one time in high school? In a year, you probably won't even remember it. Don't freak out over the little things.

8. Stop caring about what others think

https://www.pexels.com/photo/action-active-blur-close-up-457496/

It's your life, so it only matters what you think. You shouldn't let what anyone else thinks get in the way of your life. Do what your heart tells you and ignore all the haters. Life is precious, so spend it doing what you want.

9. Do what's important

Life is short, so why spend it doing small, unimportant tasks? Why spend hours scrolling through Facebook or Instagram when you could be spending time with your friends and family?

10. Never give up on your dreams

At certain times in life, it may seem that your dreams may never come true. Keep your head held high, and continue working hard. You'll accomplish what you want soon enough.