I Hope That Disney's 'Aladdin' Remake Doesn't Ruin It

Will they succeed or fail with this movie?

140

This past week, Disney released a full trailer for their remake of "Aladdin" that is coming out this May. Now there has been a lot of conversation about this movie, especially about the fact that Will Smith is playing Genie. So the main question is will this movie succeed or will it be another Disney remake flop?

There is a lot riding on this movie, so I pray and hope that Disney makes this right. From what I have heard at this point in time, it looks like music from the original 1992 version will be a part of the movie and maybe some new songs from Alan Menken. It still seems unclear if the story will completely follow the same line as the 1992 version. From what can be seen in the trailer I am assuming it will be, but the description is talking about following the book story of Aladdin so we will have to wait and see.

I am just truly hoping that Disney does a good job with this remake because in the past some of them have been good and some of them haven't been that good. Disney is reaching that point where they are starting to remake a lot of the movies that my generation grew up with from the '90s. These movies literally filled our childhood, so Disney has some high standards to be able to fulfill.

I know with the other recent talks about the live-action "Mulan" coming out and there not being any songs in it, has caused a lot of uproars. As well as, the beginnings of a remake of "The Lion King," Disney is hitting on all of our childhood classics. And yes remakes can be great, but sometimes the originals should be the only versions.

Personally, "Aladdin" was my absolute favorite Disney movie growing up and the remake is coming out right after my birthday so of course, I am going to see it. But if Disney turns this movie into a flop, I'm going to be very disappointed. Disney for the sake of all the 90's kids who grew up on this movie please please don't mess it up.

"Beauty and the Beast" is a great example of this. I like the remake, but it still did not stand up to the standards and quality of the original. I think it is great that Disney wants to remake movies and bring that classic Disney magic to a whole new generation, but when they make the movies a flop, it takes away from that classic Disney magic.

In the end, this new remake of "Aladdin" is either going to succeed or flop, I personally hope that succeeds because I truly love this movie. Either way, I am still going to see it, but I really want to keep my hopes high that this movie will do well, even with Disney's previous hits and misses of their live-action remakes. For the sake of all of the 90's kids and the Disney legacy I hope that this remake stays true to the original as best it can.