Why Lin-Manuel Miranda Is An All-Around Amazing Human

And why he is an inspiration to many.

431

Lin-Manuel Miranda is probably one of my favorite human beings who can be classified as a "celebrity." He has written two broadway shows: "In the Heights," which won five Tony awards, and "Hamilton," which won 11 Tony awards with the cast album winning a Grammy. He has also done other work on musicals on Broadway, including "Bring It On: The Musical." He has lended his talent to television and movies as well including "How I Met Your Mother," "Modern Family," "The Sex and The City Movie," and more. He is immensely talented and driven, which is why he is such an inspiration. Here are just some of the reasons why he is such an inspiration and an amazing human.

1. He cares about voting

This may seem silly, but let me explain. He, as well as the cast of his musical "Hamilton", have been encouraging their fans to vote in this election. With such a controversial election and campaign, it is important to make your voice heard and vote! It is a right that is given to us as citizens; why would you waste that?

2. He is soooooooo funny!

He is so down to earth and funny, just your everyday-dude who has written two award-winning broadway musicals. He was on SNL and Carpool with James Cordon, and his interviews are always hilariously charming!

3. He is humble and thankful

By some of his expressions, it's like he doesn't expect all of the love, support, and rewards that he gets for his hard work! He is so talented and hardworking, yet so humble about his achievements and thankful for every opportunity awarded to him. I want to be like that.

4. He is also passionate

If you haven't watched Miranda's Tony acceptance speech, please pause your reading of this article and go do that! He is passionate about people, about the world, about musical theater, and about helping others. This shows when he talks about voting, working with kids, and any project he has worked on or is working on currently.

5. His dancing is probably some of my favorite

His dancing is so cute and a little awkward and it makes me super happy....all I have to say.

6. He wrote an amazing musical about the Founding Fathers using Hip Hop music....like how?

Lin-Manuel Miranda did something that no one has really done before: wrote a musical about American history using modern day hip-hop music. You would think this would be weird or turn out really bad, but it is actually really interesting and cool! As Leslie Odom Jr. says (see last gif), Miranda made the founding fathers and their history make sense in the context of this time period. He made them relatable and cool, and gave us a history lesson we never knew we wanted. Check out the full album on Spotify, and check out Lin-Manuel Miranda and how awesome he is!