A Life Once Had

A Life Once Had

Going Back To Where It All Began

11
A Life Once Had
BHMpics.com

Have you ever moved away from a hometown? I did about five years ago and just this past weekend I had the best time with two of my best friends going back to where it all started.

Asheville, NC. A beautiful place with majestic mountains and beautiful scenery a place where my life was filled with wonderful memories and horrible ones. This is a place where I grew up, a place where I climbed trees, walked home from school, and was chased by the neighborhoods viscous dog.

When I hit middle school my life became rocky and I wanted nothing more than to get out of there. I left and never looked back. Now here I am almost eight years later and I find myself more times than not reminiscing about the life I had in Asheville. I miss the beauty of the state and I also miss my old friends.

I even miss going to school there and my old teachers. Showing one of my best friends and my new boyfriend where I grew up made me feel like i was finally getting to share the deepest parts of me. I have dealt with a lot of demons of my past in that city and sometimes it's better just leaving it all there. With that said, I never thought I would truly miss it.

As i go from place to place I begin to remember the time in my 6th grade year where I fell on my knees, in the same spot I might add, 3 different times which has now left scars. The driveway in which I rode on my brother's skateboard and fell as I came to the end of the slope. The one tree I loved to climb up in and enjoy the breeze.

The high school in which I endured a painful and depressing freshman year due to a horrible boyfriend and a misunderstood situation. A place in which I loved with every part of my being but didn't appreciate in the moment because of issues I personally had with everything and everyone around me.

I have grown so much since I was last there. I appreciate the good and the bad. I miss it, but I am glad i can always visit and relive it over and over again.