Life Isn't Always What You Expected

Life Isn't Always What You Expected

Because dreams can come true, but not always how you planned.

407
www.unsplash.com
Unsplash

I remember being in high school applying to colleges. I remember wanting to be an athletic trainer, maybe at a school or maybe for a professional sports team or even for a college. I remember dreaming of warmer weather and being far away from New Jersey when it came time for college.

But instead, I spent two years at community college, then three years commuting to an in-state school. I changed my major a lot. But I ended up finding a field I felt really passionate about and really loved.

I met some amazing people who I have some amazing memories with. I stayed friends with the people who have always wanted nothing less than the best for me. I let go of friends who never seemed to care about me in the first place.

I graduated from college, and it was the biggest accomplishment I'd reached. All senior year, I thought that I'll graduate and have a job, and I'll be set. But instead, I graduated, went on endless interviews, got offered jobs I knew I didn't want, and even got a job offer taken away from me.

But then, I went to an interview at a company that bought a company I previously interned with. They were excited about me being there, and they were excited that I wanted to join their team. That was the feeling I was waiting for, the one where I knew I was wanted. I knew I would be respected, and I know I would work with people who actually wanted my skills and experience.

Life is never short of crazy. It's never what you expected. It's hardly ever easy. But the moments in life where you sit back and think you are exactly where you are supposed to be, you are doing exactly what you're supposed to do. That's when you know it's all worth it, and your dreams are coming true.

Maybe just not how you planned.