Life Is Filled With Lessons

Growing up, whenever I've messed up, my mom would always tell me, "you live and you learn". I always thought of it as a cliche, but as I grow older and wiser, I've realized that it's actually true.

Being human, you make millions of mistakes- some that you regret- but, you shouldn't regret them. Mistakes are lessons that you learn from and you try not to make the same mistake twice. It's kind of like editing a paper you wrote. You have the rough draft and then you keep revising it until it's good enough.

A good example for me would be at work. Let's say that I messed up. Maybe I forgot to put in the rewards or maybe I forgot to double-check something on a transaction. My manager notices and they correct me. Instead of being mad at myself for messing up, I could take that as a lesson to double-check my transactions and make sure they're correct.

There were times when I messed up and would seriously beat myself up about it. I'd think about it constantly, even if it was a minuscule error. I would just keep looking back at the mistake and replaying how I could have avoided it in my head.

Throughout the years, I've learned to just let it go. It happened, it's in the past. If I could have avoided it, I would have, but sometimes you have to make a mistake in order to avoid it later on.

Mistakes are meant to teach you something. As long as you've learned something and won't make that mistake again, there's no reason to beat yourself up about it.

I've made plenty of mistakes in my life and I know that I'll make more. Humans mess up from time to time. If you don't, you probably shouldn't click "I am not a robot" when confirming your identity on the internet.