I Am A College Student And I Realized That There Is More To Life Than High School

“Things end. People change. And you know what? Life goes on.”

1774
Anne Good

Many people think life does not go on after high school.

They are stuck living in their high school years. They think that what they did in high school made it the best years of their life, that the mistakes they made in high school are what they will be known for, and that being a star basketball player or a varsity cheerleader means they will always be remembered at their high school.

But honestly, after high school, life goes on.

After a year or so, no one will remember the mistakes you made in high school, that you were a star athlete, the people you dated, or the times you were popular. They wont even remember the times when you felt that you were at your all-time low. Yes, you might be talked about when you graduate high school for a little, but at some point, no one will care about all the things you were involved in during high school or how good you were at basketball.

So stop living in your past.

Once you graduate, your job is to create a life that you will love however that might be. Whether that might be going to college, going to the Navy or Military, or to start working. After you graduate high school, no one really cares about high school you. No one cares what you did in high school. Stop worrying about what happened in your past and make new memories.

Why don't you make new friends, have new experiences, go somewhere you have always wanted to go, make new memories, move somewhere you love being, or do things that make you happy?

Create a new you that you always wanted to be.

Living in the past is not good for you mentally and emotionally. Let yourself grow and become someone you want to be for the rest of your life. Growing mentally and emotionally is really good for you. You become more mature, learn responsibility (that will help you in a career, saving money, owning a house etc.), learn how to live on your own, and become independent.

Do not get caught up in all the high school drama from people who are still in high school. There is no point. Yes, you can still be friends with people in high school but why would you want to get caught up in the drama that you graduated from?

It's cool if you go to high school basketball games once in awhile when your home for Christmas but why go to every event at your high school when you already graduated from high school. It's not really cool. The seniors of your high school want to be the "big bad" seniors and you are ruining that. You graduated for a reason. To grow up and to start new beginnings.

Honestly, it is WAY more fun when you make new friends and make new memories. Afterall, many people say that college was the best years of their life and they would go back to it any day. So, stop living in the past and grow up. Life does go on!