A Letter To My Soon To Be Roommate

A Letter To My Soon To Be Roommate

Cheers to new beginnings.

34
A Letter To My Soon To Be Roommate
Tumblr

One of the most terrifying things about college (other than college it self) is choosing to hit the "Random" button when finding a roommate. As soon as I did it, fear set in and it was real. All kinds of questions ran through my mind."What if we're nothing alike?", "What if she thinks I'm weird?", and "What if it's just plain awful?". Soon after that the prayers began and thankfully the Lord was good to me and gave me a really cool roommate! So, here is a letter to my future roommate.

Dear Roomie,

Well, we aren't freshman and here we are having the same fears and thrills as they are about: their roommate, trying to make the dorm room the cutest, moving away from home, and wondering how on earth they're going to make it. So I would like to start off by saying I am so excited for what this year has in store for us! I also would like to apologize in advance for all the pictures I'm going to make you take, but I'm a photography major so not much surprise there. I would also like to apologize for all of my bad and cheesy jokes, that I'll doubt you'll laugh at (it's okay if you pretend), or for the jokes you tell and I don't get because I can be oh so blonde. I also hope that you're up for a lot of adventures... because I hate not being busy. I am also slightly OCD so I might start cleaning up my stuff and just so happen to clean yours too, hope you don't mind! Something else I might add...homesickness is a real thing for me, so when I start to ball my eyes out because I miss home, hopefully you'll understand and make me feel at home!

I am looking forward to the late night talks and Netflix binges, with our endless amounts of coffee. Then I will have to apologize for how cranky I'll be the next day because I stayed up late...and I do not do well without eight hours of sleep. Speaking of sleep we will need a few fans and heaters, because some noise is good, and I am a morning person, who loves to drink coffee and listen to music loudly as I get ready. I should also say sorry for not being the most quiet person in the world, I'm a tad bit clumsy. I can't wait to send you endless amount of snaps of cute boys on campus (for me not you hahah) that I see, and tell you about the one I'm hard core crushing on in one of my classes. I hope you enjoy make up, clothes, shoes, and hair stuff as much as I do because any excuse to dress up is a good one, plus I have so much that stuff I have no idea how it's all going to fit in our shoe box of a room.

Even though you don't know much about me yet other than what I've said above, I will tell you I'm one of the most loyal people, I love to have fun, and I am a no drama kinda girl! So "Cheers" (with our coffee mugs) to a great first year at a college that is new to the both of us!

Love,

Your Roommate

P. S. I don't do well with throw up, but will hold your hair when needed. I also don't know how to do laundry so hopefully you do!