To The Future Alumni, I'm Proud Of You

To The Future Alumni, I'm Proud Of You

I hope you are beyond proud of yourself, too.

73
https://www.pexels.com/photo/photography-of-people-graduating-1205651/

I want to start off by saying congratulations. You have officially finished college and are days away from walking across that stage and receiving that long-awaited diploma. For years, even as far as middle school, you knew that at the end of this academic journey, you would be handed that diploma you worked so hard for. I am so proud of you for not giving up even if you wanted to. All those sleepless nights at the library were all worth it, and the fruits of your labor are becoming more and more evident.

I want you to know just how happy I am for your accomplishment. How ecstatic I am to have watched you blossom into the adult that you are now, and to be able to watch you succeed in your life- which I know for a fact you will- and there is not a single doubt in my mind about that. Whether you have a clear career path after graduation or are stepping into the world without a concise plan, you will do just fine either way. What matters is that you have made it through college and are stepping away from this part of your life with so many experiences, memories, and moments I hope you will cherish and remember forever.

Yes, you learned a great deal in your classes, and that's important, but you also learned things that cannot be taught in a classroom. With that diploma come lessons about friendships, relationships, love, and heartbreak. You've learned to love the journey as much as the destination, and you learned to take it easy- just one beautiful day at a time. College isn't just about the books and the essays, it's about the wonderful people that you meet along the way, and I hope you got to meet a few. I hope I was one of them. I might not have had a significant impact on your life, but I do hope you will reminisce on all of the great times we've shared together.

The drinks.

The laughs.

The happy tears- and even sometimes the sad tears.

You were part of my college experience and I will miss you dearly when you graduate. Wherever this crazy journey called life might take you, I wish you only the best. I wish you all the glory, success, and accomplishments in both your personal and professional life.

So, my dear friend, as you walk across that stage, grasp that diploma and smile knowing that you have made it to the end of this particular journey. When you walk off the stage, keep smiling because your journey through life's greatness has just begun, and you are now equipped to do anything you desire.

Happy graduation friend.

You did it.