Wise Words From 19 Year Old Me, To My Future English-Teacher Self

Wise Words From 19-Year-Old Me, To My Future English-Teacher Self

As my 19th birthday is fast approaching, I chose to write this week's article as a letter to my future self.

467

Dear Future Tori,

By the time you re-read this letter, you'll be out of college and hopefully beginning your career as the English teacher you knew you were born to be. You've worked very hard and you've earned awards and scholarships for your outstanding academic career through elementary, middle, high school, and college.

Of course, there were obstacles, whether it was school work or drama, you've stayed strong to overcome it all. You've been able to find yourself through the lost friendships and more. For that, I am extremely proud of you.

You have not only exceeded expectations of former teachers, mom and dad, and of course, yourself. You've gone out of your comfort zone to meet new people. Joining numerous clubs and organizations, and involving yourself in the town and on campus, also helped you to challenge yourself in all areas. You've endured some emotional situations, but you have also enjoyed life to the fullest with friends and family.

As you continue to mature, always remember to stay true to yourself, remain close to your family, and your dearest friends. Occasionally reflect on your happy, carefree childhood. Remember growing up with your brothers and the great times spent in Point Pleasant.

Remember sitting on the lawn mower with dad, as mom told you to smile for a picture. Remember playing softball under the lights as you remained focused in the batter's box. Remember the weekends sleeping over at Grandma's and Poppy's, and all the laughs and special moments we shared. And of course, remember your passion for helping others and your desire to write.

Last but not least, continue to work hard, persevere in all situations, be the best version of yourself, and remember to have fun!