I Truly Admire My Older Sister

To The Sister Who Taught Me What The World Couldn’t

You've accomplished so much and I just want you to know that I notice.

452
Personal

To Ramona ShaKiyla Gladden-Jacobs,

Growing up, you were always one of the most independent people I knew. It comes as a 'norm' for younger siblings to admire their older siblings but this came about differently for us. I was always the headstrong and gregarious sibling while you were more contentious and unrelenting.

I never really understood this dynamic until we matured, and even then I couldn't fully understand this until I too was put in your predicament—maintaining your first job at 15 years old. You always seemed to do what needed to be done rather than what you wanted. You put yourself through University and no matter what obstacle was thrown at you, honey, you hit it with a two-piece combo and continued to persevere.

Yes, there were days where you felt as if your best wasn't enough, the next day seemed longer than the last and life took its toll but -- To witness you graduating with your B.A. in Psychology ignited one of the biggest fires inside of me and placed one of the greatest smiles across my face.

Anticipating your every move, of course, you packed up your life and set sail to the sunny state of Florida. I knew that this distance would definitely be something new for us, but I was ready to see what was in store for you. I know that sometimes things don't seem to make sense, and life just doesn't go as planned but, if anybody can do it -- Its YOU.

If not a single being believes in your dreams just know that I will always back you 110%! Life comes at us at a crazy fast pace and either we face it head on or get swept away with it. Sister, you have so much in store for you and just know that great things are to come. Your dreams may seem all but a blur right now, and the pieces of your life's puzzle may not quite fit.

The rain will dissipate, the clouds will scatter and that puzzle piece may just need to be placed in a different spot. No matter what, you've got this. You've made it too far to give up now and I know that sometimes I come off as tough but it's only because I know what you're capable of and I live to see you best your best self. Don't let anyone deter you from the plan that God has in store for, most people are here for a reason and a season and that's is okay.

Winston Churchhill once said, "If you're going through hell, keep going." Life is crazy, but so are you. Don't let fear determine your life and don't let circumstance overshadows your story. You're amazingly talented in every way possible and no matter what, you will always be my hardworking, kick-ass big/little sister.

Love,

Kayla.