A Letter To My Brother From Another Mother

You're the closest thing I have to a brother

54959

Dear Brother,

We may not be related by blood, but you're the closest thing to a brother that I will ever have. You listen to me when I need advice, you tell me when I am wrong (even if I may not agree), and you're not afraid to give it to me straight. You are more real with me than most people, and I thank you for that.

I can't imagine life without you. You have given me something I've never had and that's a brother's love. We may fight like real siblings and not always see eye to eye, but know that I will always love you regardless. You mean more to me than words can describe, and I thank God every day for bringing you into my life. I may not always tell you this, but you have been a huge influence on my life and I don't know what i would do if you had not come into it.

In addition, you inspire me to be a better person. You encourage me to reach for my goals, you support me in all that I do, and you encourage me to do better when I am struggling. You make me feel like I can accomplish more than I ever could. You also aren't afraid to tell me when I do something I shouldn't be doing. Whether that be hanging out with people I shouldn't or taking a job when I shouldn't, you tell me when I am going to screw up before I even realize what I'm doing is wrong. Thank you.

You understand me. You understand where I come from when I tell you what's bothering me. Even though I may not always like your advice, I appreciate it and it's usually what I need to hear, even if I may not realize it. You help me to realize my problem and fix it. You don't judge me when I tell you about my problems, even if you find them stupid and irrelevant. You listen to me anyway because that's who you are.

I could go on and on about how much you mean to me, but this letter would be never ending if that were the case. In short, the most I can say is this: Thank you. Thank you always and forever.

Love,

Me