Lets Put Our Hearts Out To Ariana Grande

Because losing someone is extremely hard

154

Mac Miller's overdose has been highly mentioned in the media for the past week. Although Miller clearly had his own successful career as a rapper, every news story about his tragic death always seems to include one specific detail: some would even say, the reason people clicked on the article.

It is no secret that Mac Miller's previous girlfriend of 2 years is Ariana Grande. Without knowing it you have probably heard at least one of Grande's songs. Ariana Grande is widely known as a pop star whose roots began on the Nickelodeon show "Victorious" as ditzy "Cat Valentine". Grande and Miller put out their first song together in 2013; this song was a big pop hit. Grande and Miller ended up dating for quite a while. They did not keep their 2-year relationship secret from the public, it was all over social media, tabloids, and magazines. They were the "IT" couple. Everyone was always commenting "Wow, goals", "#relationshipgoals" and more. That is... until they broke up. They split in May 2018, remaining to be really close friends.

After the duo split up, it was very public that Miller was struggling with the use of drugs once again. People enjoyed blaming Miller's use of drugs on Grande, saying that if they had not broken up it would not have happened again. Grande then went to social media and practically released a statement saying that she could no longer be included in a toxic relationship that made her feel as if she was his babysitter or mother. She continually mentioned that he was in her heart and that she hoped he healed well. These two had been good friends since they came out with their song "The Way", so it was no surprise that Grande shared to the public saying that he was her best friend and she would always care about him.

The trolls were not done when it came to Miller's tragic death, though. As soon as word got out about Miller overdosing, fans swarmed into Grande's Instagram comments. These people were attacking her, saying that she was a killer, and practice saying that if they were still together none of this would have ever happened. Man, this girl cannot get a break.

This lead to Grande turning off the comment section of her Instagram and, I don't know if I blame her. This is an insane moment for her, her ex-boyfriend of 2 years passed away. The whole situation makes you wonder if she was notified of Miller's death in a way other than by her haters. Grande deserves a grieving period just as everyone else in this world does. She does not need fake articles about her and her current boyfriend breaking up, people blaming her for her ex's overdose, and the constant reminder of her past relationship.

Instead, let's spread positivity for Grande, let's remind her that her constant effort in Miller's health was important, and although, unfortunately, he could not be saved, she played a giant role in being there for him as much as she possibly could be. At the end of the day, Grande deserves a hug and an applause; it is hard to help someone who is not accepting help.

If you know someone who is experiencing drug addiction, please have them visit drughelpline.org

Get them help, and be sure to keep yourself healthy too.