Lessons The Art Of Photography Will Teach You
Photography Videography

3 Lessons The Art Of Photography Will Teach You Along The Way

Whether you are among the most beautiful scene or the dullest location, you are still able to create an art piece out of whatever circumstances you are in.

20
Nikon camera

For quite a few years now, I have found myself interested in photography and some of the incredible photos some people are able to take. Whether they are landscapes, portraits, or even of unique objects, the idea that you can use elements you are surrounded by every day and create an artistic image is amazing. I spent my fair share of time scrolling through and looking at photos others have taken, intrigued by their own styles or preferences. I found my own urge to try photography become increasingly prominent and that is when I decided I should give it a try.

With this attempt at photography still being fairly new, my knowledge and experience are limited. But, within this short time, I have already learned so much from photography and the way it helps us view our world.

1. You can find something special in anything

Most of the time when people think of something special or unique, it is a stereotypical and expected thing. Photography has taught me that you can find something special in the most unexpected places. Whether you are among the most beautiful scene or the dullest location, you are still able to create an art piece out of whatever circumstances you are in. If you look beneath the surface of what is assumed to be unique, you'll actually end up finding something ten times better.

2. There are no rules in art

Photography is a medium full of artistic expression. Each person has their own style, ideas, and even perception of the world around them. With every different person comes a different photograph, and because of that, there are no rules. If there were rules, many pictures would be the same. There are things such as light painting, holding random objects up to the camera to create texture and patterns, and even an abundance of light settings everyone can manipulate in their own way. There is no correct way to shoot photography, giving every person the opportunity to have their own approach to the way they shoot their photos.

3. You have to have patience

I would overall say I am a very impatient person. I don't like waiting and not being able to get something I have pictured in my head right off the bat. Photography gives you no choice but to build that patience. In order to get a photo you want, you have to take the time to make it just right. Depending on camera settings, weather situations, and even on what you're trying to shoot, it might take a few tries of adjusting and re-adjusting to actually get what you want. You have to have the patience to do this so that you can capture the image you've been waiting for. Photography here teaches you to take a step back, relax, and take your time.

* * *

While these are just three of them, photography has taught me and many other people so many things, even in such a short span of time. This is an artistic medium that is able to be used by anyone in their own individual way. It gives the opportunity for anyone to be creative and seek out moments you would never normally find yourself looking for. Overall, photography is such a complex art and I am so pleased I have decided to give it a go.