Learning To Be An Adult Is Hard, But With The Right People You Can Do Anything

It's been a crazy few weeks, by my family has been there through it all!

566

Since graduating college and moving back out to Phoenix, there has been a lot of stuff that I have had to figure out. I will wholeheartedly admit that I have absolutely no clue what I am doing and that's okay. I have completely stepped into this world of adulthood, full of bills, renting an apartment, changing my vehicle information, setting up my benefits for work and even buying a bed. There have been so many different things that I have had to learn about and if I was doing it alone, it would definitely be a struggle.

I have been so fortunate to have some amazing people in my life helping me and giving me advice throughout this whole process and I couldn't be more thankful for them. My mom has helped me out with so many things during this. I can ask her for help/advice on just about anything. I truly couldn't thank her enough for all of the help she has given me! I have been blessed to have some wonderful friendships that have been helping me while I have been getting all of my things in order. Having friendship, in general, is valuable, but especially ones, where you can support each other, is truly amazing.

Going out into the real world can be tough, especially if you don't know what you're doing. But being able to have a strong support system and people in your life who you can go to for help is such a wonderful thing. This may sound cheesy, but it really is true. When anybody older than you give you advice and tells you to learn from their mistakes. Listen. They aren't just throwing that advice out for no reason, they want to be able to help you because they know. They have been there before and they want to help you succeed now in your life instead of falling into the same trap that they did.

No matter how much you think you have it together, there will still be a time where you need help, so don't be afraid to ask for it. Even if you don't have someone personally who you can go to, find someone who knows what you're trying to understand. There are so many times where we think we can do it all on our own and there's nothing wrong with that. Yet sometimes, we get so ingrained in that mindset, that we lose sight of what we're actually trying to accomplish.

So stick close to those that are around you and remember that it is okay to ask for help. Navigating the world of adulthood can be a lot, but with the right people beside you, you can do anything. Here's my one last piece of advice for all of those recent college grads who are stepping into the world of adulthood: Follow your dreams, but make sure you are able to get there with the help of those around you.