Tips I Have Learned to Start The School Year Right

The first few weeks of school can be very tough, but remember you are not alone and there are other peers in the same boat.

20

Starting the school year off in the best way possible is important. I cannot stress enough how tough the first few weeks of the semester are coming off a long summer break of no school. I feel like being in college for multiple years now I have learned the best ways to prepare yourself for a less stressful time to begin your new year.

Textbooks

One big help is waiting to buy your textbooks. I always wait to see what the teacher wants because they usually change their mind and can sometimes be quite annoying. My old school did not allow textbook returns or rental options, but my new school does. renting textbooks or using sites like Amazon or Chegg is extremely helpful in getting your textbooks cheaper and avoid stressing over money. I cannot stress enough about waiting to buy them though until after the first week of class.

Seating In Class

Next, find out where your classes are before the first day because first impressions are everything. Do not be that person showing up late on the first day of class because the students and teacher will have that impression of you. You also want to secure your seat the first week because even though the college does not have assigned seats, let's be honest where you sit in always your seat and if someone takes it you do not forget it.

Study Groups And Friends

The first week is your chance to not only make friends with people you will see every day, but it is a chance to find friends you can not only hang out with but study and help each other out. It is great to have contact with your friends outside of class to help study or tutor with one another or even text to ask about class-related topics. Learning with others and being on the same level as your students instead of the teacher can always help you better understand assignments.

Make A List of Things To Do

Buying a planner does not make you uncool. i use the planner to write down all my assignments and things I need to do like cleaning, appointments, and other necessities to ensure that you have constant reminders to do necessary activities in a timely manner and gives the ability to enjoy free time to enjoy your life whether you live at university or home with your family.

Make Time For Family And Friends

Making time to visit your family from your busy life of work and school is super important and I recommend making the quality time to have fun with the people you have fun with because that will make your life exciting and you will be happier. I feel having time every week to relax and have fun is the key to being more successful in your daily life. Following these 5 tips will ensure you will be happy and successful during your college journey.