The Lazy Person’s Guide To Spring Dorm Cleaning

Dorm Room Cleaning 101

93
public domain pictures

It’s Spring!!! YAY!! With flower blooming and grass growing and new life and new hope. How wonderful. It’s still snowing though, over here in North Carolina. We got a little bit of warm weather and then this. The worst part is, it’s cold, it’s snowing but the classes aren’t canceled.

Yeah, I am pretty salty about it. I wouldn’t mind the snow if we don’t need to go to class but snowing and going to class just makes my wonderful school day a pain in the butt. But enough with complaining I am praying that the good weather visits us soon. And it going to stay for a while.

So, Spring, with all the beautifulness outside that I do not have, it is, however, important to note that it is time for a long-lasting tradition in America. Spring Cleaning. WOOOHOOOO!!! Can’t you tell that I am excited? I LOVE CLEANING! I am not going to start until the weather get better, but I am sure in many other parts of the country there are nice weathers already. I know not everyone likes to clean like I do, so hopefully, this article can give you some tips and insights on how and why I clean.

I am a college student, currently living in a dorm. I have been for three years and I will be for my last year of college as well. And I personally have to work and live in a clean and neat space, so I can focus. Whenever things are clean and neat, I know I have my life together. I am a firm believer of cleaning and decluttering.

Tips from minimalist

I am not a minimalist myself although I do fancy the lifestyle. the definition of minimalism is very broad, and you basically pick out the things you can’t live without and get rid of other things. It is very fluid. I cannot deny that stuff brings me joy. I love things. I am sure there are many things that I could to live without, but I don’t want to get rid of them. But anyways, the tip is a 90 days rule. Look at your things, if you have not used it in the past 90 days and you will not use it for the next 90 days, that is something that you can think about getting rid of.

Useful tools

I know that there are lazy people out there who think cleaning is such a chore. I am lazy as well and I have found something to make your dorm cleaning so much easier.

Swiffer Duster

Swiffer Duster is a product I use often. It picks up dust so easily, it will not take you much at all. It can be longer or shorter to your liking and it is great for short person like me. I mean you have all seen the commercials for the duster.

Swiffer Sweeper

I mean, definitely one of the best things you can use in a dorm room. I know a lot of people know about this already but just in case you don’t. I highly recommend having on of the sweepers around. It comes in very handy. It also does not take much space. Swiffer products really do make cleaning easier

Small Vacuum

In the middle of my first semester of college, I bought a really small and lightweight vacuum from Amazon and it changed my life. It’s not expensive at all. Totally affordable and for a person who cleans every other week or sometimes even every week it is a blessing and totally worth it. I will leave a link done below on what kind of vacuum I use.

Put on some happy music while you clean

Do I even need to give a reason for this? Put on your favorite kind of music and it will make cleaning so much more enjoyable. Dance a little while you vacuum or mop the floor. You live in a dorm it can’t possibly be that hard to clean. It’s a small space. Don’t be intimidated, music makes cleaning fun.

Rug cleaning?

If you have an area rug in your room that is not super expensive like me. You must have wondered how to clean it. Most of the times, I don’t touch it when I clean, I vacuum it, but I don’ t moves it or anything. Every month, I shake it outside. And every semester I toss it in the washer and wash it. it will probably take more than one drying, but it is so worth it in the end. The clean rug makes me happy.

Bins or trunks

They come in handy when you are cleaning. If you a lot of stuff and feeling lazy, just you know throw it in and feel good about it because the clutter is not visible anymore.

I think these are all the things I could think of right now. I mean these aren’t just for Spring cleanings. I have put more general cleaning tips in there than spring cleaning.