Forbes, Kylie Jenner Isn't 'Self-Made' If She Was Born Famous

Forbes recently released an article stating that Kylie Jenner has become the youngest self-made billionaire ever. She has surpassed Mark Zuckerberg who was 23 when he hit a 10-figure fortune. Jenner is the owner of Kylie Cosmetics and Forbes estimates that it is worth $900 million dollars. At 21, Kylie has made a fortune from her cosmetics which has earned her the title of the youngest self-made billionaire ever.

But let's get one thing straight...

Kylie Jenner is not a "self-made" billionaire.

Dictionary.com defines self-made as "having succeeded in life unaided" and Kylie Jenner has not been unaided in the slightest. Jenner was born into wealth. She has been on TV since she was a child. Her family rose to fame because her father is an Olympic gold medalist and because of her sister, Kim Kardashian, who made a sex tape with former boyfriend Ray J. It is hard to be a nobody when you are born into a family of somebodys.

You cannot be "self-made" when you are born famous.

Kylie Jenner has capitalized on her pre-existing fame to promote her brand. In the Forbes article, Jenner states, "It's the power of social media, I had such a strong reach before I was able to start anything." This shows how Jenner already had a large fan base. She had a huge backing from not only her fans but her famous family and their fans. She had an advantage which does not make her self-made. People already knew who she was. She had money to start her company.

You cannot start from nothing when you already have everything.

Shame on you Forbes. This is wrong and people like Kylie Jenner should not be recognized for this.