Kilroy's Pizza & Cafe: The Best Little Pizza Shop In Sedgwick

There's nothing quite like a Kilroy's pizza

38
Huffington Post

Like many college students, one of my favorite foods is pizza. It's cheap. It's easy to eat. You can share it with your friends. It's great. If you don't love pizza, you're probably either a child who hasn't learned to appreciate pizza yet or you're a grown adult who can afford to buy better foods than pizza, both of which are OK situations, but let's be honest: pizza is amazing.

A lot of my love for pizza gets its roots from growing up in Sedgwick. While I don't have much of an emotional attachment to my hometown, I do have a deep appreciation of our local pizza restaurant, Kilroy's Pizza & Cafe. While the pizza they serve isn't necessarily the best pizza in the world (that title goes to Brother Bruno's in New York), it's definitely the pizza that I've eaten the most. I remember ordering pizza from Kilroy's a lot as a kid. When my class had a pizza party because we passed the state assessment tests, we got pizza from Kilroy's. When the pep band had a movie night before we played at the basketball game, we got pizza from Kilroy's. When my grandpa came to visit every few months, we got pizza from Kilroy's. Before I left for college, the pizza I ate from Kilroy's became a constant in my life.

That all changed when I started at Bethany. In order to save money, I didn't go home very often, and when I did go home, my parents liked to take me to restaurants that I wouldn't normally be able to afford. While I would still eat pizza in my campus cafeteria ever couple of days, it didn't make up for my lack of Kilroy's pizza. When I first brought friends to Sedgwick to see my hometown, I made sure that my mom got us Kilroy's for dinner. I missed it so much. Don't get me wrong. If I had the choice, I definitely wouldn't eat the pizza I got at Kilroy's everyday, but Kilroy's pizza is very important to me. I don't know if the reason I love it so much is because of the nostalgia or because it's just really good pizza. What I do know is that whether or not I want to claim Sedgwick as my home, I will absolutely claim Kilroy's pizza as my home.