No, Kaitlin Bennett, You Don't Get To Say #DefundUCF Just Because Students Protested Your Visit To Our Campus
Currently

No one asked you to come to our university.

4240

The Kent State "gun girl," aka Kaitlin Bennett, recently went to the University of Central Florida and was met with a crowd of students protesting her visit. She claimed on her Twitter that she went to our campus to ask the students whether Trump or Biden would be a better president for Black Americans, but why did she even feel the need to do this during the middle of a pandemic? Was it really that important? (The answer is no.)

Bennett always acts like her interviews are just her harmlessly trying to get some information, but she asks these types of questions in order to agitate the interviewee. I'm assuming that she would have explained somehow that Trump would be the better president for Black Americans, which would've definitely upset most students since that couldn't be further from the truth.

I don't understand why she is so shocked at the fact that the UCF student body wanted to run her off-campus because she clearly stands for everything students like me stand against. Plus, her entire job is to just purposefully anger liberals with her hateful rhetoric, so isn't this reaction from the students what she expected?

Bennett has also tweeted repeatedly about how UCF students are "violent" and "Left-wing terrorists," which her conservative followers have been eating up. We aren't terrorists for not wanting you on our campus. Just like you have the right to free speech, we have the right to protest your speech. If you don't want to deal with people disagreeing with the horrible things you say, then maybe you should stop going to colleges all over the country. UCF's student body in particular is made up of many different marginalized communities, so it really should have come as no surprise to you that we would have heavily opposed your visit to our campus.

Bennett went on to demand that UCF expel all of the students that protested her visit because they were violating the university's COVID-19 policy of limiting gatherings of 12 students or more. She then tried to make herself seem superior by claiming that her team and herself were following all of UCF's coronavirus regulations. This was not the case since there are multiple videos showing Bennett initially arriving at our campus without wearing a mask.

Once again, the reason there was a large gathering on campus was because the students were protesting you being on our campus. Aren't you the one that adamantly stands behind her right to protest? So, do we not have that same right? And don't use the COVID-19 rules as a justification for your desire to get the protestors expelled because you are the reason there was even a protest. You didn't care about the pandemic when you showed up to our campus to do interviews without wearing a mask, so don't get all high and mighty now.

Bennett also called upon Trump to #DefundUCF because of the protests. This request is ridiculous because she is further proving that she is a hypocrite. Bennett wants us to sit and listen to her hate speech, but she can't handle hearing what we have to say about her views. I think instead of trying to get UCF defunded, she should consider why she is met with protests at each college campus she visits.

Maybe it's because you are the problem, Bennett.

From Your Site Articles