Just How Important is a Nap in College You May Ask?

Napping is not a suggestion. It is a necessity.

101
Huffington Post

If you're like me, you may have never considered yourself a napper. In college, things have changed drastically for me as I noticed I've napped more in these past two months I've been here than I have in my entire existence. Napping is so important to college students, and it is not a suggestion. It is a necessity.

Nap AT LEAST once a day

You need a nap everyday. Some people may even take two or three, depending on how much time they have or if they are just feeling really tired that day. It doesn't matter how long the nap is, whether it's a quick power nap for 20 minutes in between class or a 4 hour nap. Just make sure you take one every single day and make yourself a little routine.

Nap with friends

Yes, maybe this sounds weird at first. But what I mean by this is let's say you and your roommate are both in your room and have nothing to do...why don't you take a nap! That way it is a win win since you won't be waking up the other which would happen if you nap at different times and you both get a quality nap in!

Find the time, you always can

People's excuse is always "Oh I don't have time for a nap." How many times are you just sitting in your room doing "homework" but really doing nothing except scrolling through insta on your phone or eating. This is the time you can quickly take a 10 minute nap. Literally find the time and squeeze it in. With everything you're doing between class, extracurriculars, jobs, clubs, sports, homework, etc. you are in need of one!

Use a nap to procrastinate or clear your mind!

Ever have an essay due you just can't think of an idea for and spend all day and night staring at a blank word document? Take a nap! Or maybe you don't feel like starting your homework and think you deserve a break, and you do...so take a nap! Naps are great for clearing your mind and actually improve your focus, so take advantage of them at time of need.

Napping has benefits and improves your health

Besides improving your focus, napping improves your overall health, your creativity skills, makes you smarter, reduces stress, lowers your blood pressure, and makes you happier! And that's not even near the benefits a nap can have for you!

Whoever said napping is for adults, YOU'RE WRONG!

EVERYONE needs naps! It's not just little kids who are running around as people like to think. Adults are actually the ones that need naps the most since they don't get as much sleep and are a lot more tired with their metabolism slowing down and working all day and night. A nap is a necessity for adults too, so take a nap and prepare yourself for the real-world ahead!

Another myth: "Napping makes it harder to fall asleep at night"

This is wrong as well, when the true scientific fact is naps INCREASE your chances of sleeping better at night. Taking a nap during the day actually improves the quality of the sleep you will get at night and prepares you for a good night's rest.

Catch up on the sleep you didn't get last night!

With the amount of homework, studying, and everything you are trying to pack in during the day, it's understandable you are going to pull a lot of late nights, maybe even all nighters in college. But that shouldn't stop you from getting the necessary amount of sleep! If you take a nap during the day, you can rejuvenate yourself and make up for that time, instead of "being alive but barely breathing" and struggling to last a day.

No matter how long or short the nap, everyone is in need of one. So go on, take a nap and recharge yourself. I'll let you go now since speaking of naps, I'm going to go take one and I suggest you do the same! ;)

My lifestyle now...