11 Reasons Why Bill Nye Is Still Super Cool

Science rules!

180
USA Today

Growing up, we all loved those days in science classes when the teacher would throw on a "Bill Nye The Science Guy" video instead of teaching. The videos were corny, covered the basics of science education, and even made you laugh a little. As we get older, we start to slowly forget about our dear friend Bill who we knew for so long. (I'll totally forgive you if you stop reading this because you suddenly feel the urge to go binge watch this goofy scientific comedy gold. Yeah, it's on Netflix.) Let me tell you, friends, The Science Guy is still an inspiration to us all. He currently has a net worth of 6.5 million dollars, continually wins scientific awards, and was even on Dancing with the Stars in 2013. Here are some reasons why we should still pay attention to the great William Nye.

1. Bill Nye inspires us not to listen to haters.

On Comedy Central's "The Nightly Show," Bill Nye talks about haters on the Internet, giving solid advice for all.

2. He's extremely passionate about climate change and speaks his mind about it.

If you ever wanted to clear up this whole climate change debate, or just plain understand it in general, Bill Nye is your guy. Follow his Twitter account @BillNye and you'll be able to scroll through and see his thoughts on Obama and climate change, the 2016 presidential election candidates and climate change, when it snows and climate change, the GOP and climate change, his National Geographic article on climate change, his book about climate change, and even his conversation with Arnold Schwarzenegger about, you guessed it, climate change.

3. He could possibly come to your college.

Bill Nye still speaks to young people everywhere. This past Pi Day, he came to Oakland University. He also speaks regularly at Cornell and other colleges as well, so be on the lookout so your childhood fantasies can be fulfilled.

4. On June 4, he'll be hanging out with Johnny Depp.

This summer, at the Lincoln Memorial, Johnny Depp and Bill Nye will be a part of the largest secular gathering in the country: the Reason Rally. This rally has been held for the past two years. The Reason Rally's goal is to show the world the amount of people who favor a strict separation between politics and religion and to spread ideas of such. Depp and Nye are spreading their beliefs and ideas together? Do you need another reason to keep up with Bill Nye? Pack your bags and get going!!

5. Bill Nye GIFs are life.

6. The memes are too.

7. He raps.

8. He still makes awesome videos.

Bill Nye and his friend Robert Picardo are currently making videos for youtube about (who would've thought) science!

9. He actually works for NASA.

Bill Nye is actually a mechanical engineer and he even has some United States patents of his own!

10. Bill Nye digs selfies.

11. He teaches classes with emojis.

Has it come to this? Are we learning by use of emoji right now? Either way, you go Bill Nye.