Judgy Opinions About Grey's Anatomy Pt. 2

First-watch of seasons 3-10.

16

Being sick has few perks, but one is that I've been able to binge a lot of Grey's Anatomy, and I'm now nearly through with season 10.

Meredith and Derek are the worst 

These two are the people who care other people, but never enough to do anything for them. Every action that Derek does is solely to benefit himself, and Meredith is nearly as bad.

They did George, Mark, and Lexi so dirty

They killed my three favorite characters, and it's unforgivable. All three were easily the nicest people on the show, great at surgery, and killed off purely for the sake of convenience.

Callie and Arizona both suck

I can't quite figure out why I dislike Callie. She sucked when she was with George, and that Izzy debacle was happening, but I liked her with Erica Hahn. And I loved her friendship with Mark. But Callie, herself, is nothing special, except in the OR. Also, what's the deal with her and babies? Kids are adorable, but do people actually like babies? Contrarily, I did like Arizona, until she blamed Callie for losing her leg, despite the small fact that she was about to die if it wasn't amputated. Oh, and then when she cheated on her wife for no good reason.

Cristina and Owen's relationship is the worst

They fit together so well, in early every way, but why on earth would two people get married without agreeing about having kids in advance? And Owen, droning on and on about how he should have a say in a woman carrying a baby inside herself, and that Cristina never wanting a child doesn't matter as much as his desire to have one -that would not be accepted by any audience today. On top of all that, they're divorced, but together, but not together, but also they are. It's the biggest mess on the show.

Alex and Jo better stay together

Poor Alex has had a life filled with women who went crazy. Jo is smart, sweet, and seems much more stable than Izzy or Rebecca, so I'm praying the guy can get a happy ending.

Meredith is not amazing

Cristina just got robbed of the Harper Avery, despite getting enough votes. Alex can do basically any surgery on a kid and created a program to bring them to the hospital from Africa for lifesaving surgeries. Bailey is creating an immune system for a child by deactivating and altering HIV, on top of being the best general surgeon they have. Callie created artificial cartilage, and is working with Derek on making the paralyzed able to move. On top of that, Derek is also working for the president on a map of the human brain. Meanwhile, Meredith is doing 30% fewer surgeries than Cristina, and has to bring in a biogenetic engineer because she couldn't make her own work like everyone else.

April is just a subpar replacement for Izzy

Izzy was eccentric and cute, and so is April. Of course, they made Izzy turn into a nightmare, so she had to go, but April doesn't work as well. Her indecisiveness is too hard to handle most of the time. Also, her relationship with Avery is weird, with the constant on-again-off-again. I'm rooting for them, but it seems like marriage was a mistake right now.

Some plotlines are beyond stupid

An obvious example of this is when the board was trying to oust Richard at any cost, with the hospital hemorrhaging for money, and Seattle Grace just absorbs Mercy West magically making it all okay. Also, why do patients never get seen by anyone but surgeons? Nurses never interact with patients or families, patients who are no longer surgical never leave the surgical floor, and the ER is run only by surgeons. Last thing, how often does the hospital get interns, and how many? For their second year of residency, each of the original five got five interns of their own, but they were basically all cut, and then no interns appear until Jo's class, despite them mentioning that they get new surgical interns every year.

I still hate Meredith's voice

She sounds sick all the time.