6 Things Print Journalists Are Sick Of Hearing

"Newspapers are dying!"

43

As a journalist who specializes in print and online media, I (along with my peers) hear these kinds of questions/comments. Here are six things print journalists are sick of hearing:

"I don't know if you are going to be able to find a job when you graduate..."

There are plenty of jobs in the communication/journalism field!

"Oh you're a journalism major! So will I see you on tv?"

No, probably not. Most print journalists prefer to stay off the camera.

"Newspapers are dying!"

The medium is changing. You'll always need a news source.

"All you do is write."

I interview, write, edit, take pictures, produce digital content and live tweet, all usually by myself since the newsrooms are not as large as they used to be

"What are you going to do when there are no newspapers?"

Contrary to popular opinion, print journalists also can write online.

"Why don't you try a different career instead?"

As a journalist, you get access to various different fields that you wouldn't normally see as other careers. You get to explore other careers and lifestyles without committing to years of schooling.