Joe Biden Officially Selects Kamala Harris As His Vice Presidential Pick
Currently

Joe Biden Officially Selects His Running Mate: Kamala Harris

Time will tell if this duo has the prowess to win the presidency come November.

3210

Joe Biden has formally announced that California Senator Kamala Harris will be his running mate to take on Donald Trump and Mike Pence in November's general election. Biden made the announcement Tuesday on Twitter.

The announcement also comes after many high-profile Black male celebrities and public figures urged Biden to pick a Black woman as his running mate.

Harris served as San Francisco's district attorney from 2004–2011, as San Francisco's attorney general from 2011–2017, and as one of California's senators from 2017 until now. But while she boasts a strong resume, there have been those who have called her out on criminal justice reform.

According to a piece from Vox:

"A close examination of Harris's record shows it's filled with contradictions. She pushed for programs that helped people find jobs instead of putting them in prison, but also fought to keep people in prison even after they were proved innocent. She refused to pursue the death penalty against a man who killed a police officer, but also defended California's death penalty system in court. She implemented training programs to address police officers' racial biases, but also resisted calls to get her office to investigate certain police shootings."

Biden stated early on that he was going to pick a woman as his running mate. Time will tell if this duo has the prowess to win the presidency come November.