'Joanne' by Lady Gaga

'Joanne' by Lady Gaga

What is Gaga Really Saying

20
'Joanne' by Lady Gaga

Recently, I have had the privilege to listen and appreciate the newest album of Lady Gaga, entitled Joanne. While Lady Gaga is not the first name that comes to mind when I think of my favorite musical artist but in her newest album I believe she is talking about some of the social issues in her lyrics. It is this theory that makes me enjoy the album even more than my first listen.

Diamond Heart:This song tells a story of a dancer who keeps her self respect by taking pride in her sexuality. The song speaks to the idea that socially women are shamed for sex and therefore they are b ad. This song tells women and girls that being a sexual being is natural. Favorite Line:I might not be flawless but I got a diamond heart

A-YO: This happens to be my favorite song on the whole album. I am in love with the way it sounds and I quite frequently listen to it when I first get up in attempts to wake myself up. I normally start dancing by the first chorus. I believe speaks to the idea that sexuality is universal. Favorite Line: I can't wait to rev you up faster than you can say Ferrari

Joanne: This songs speaks to me about losing a loved one. She repeatedly asks where is 'Joanne' going. The song is much slower than the previous two and it isn't as flashy. It shows true pain at feeling left behind after. Favorite Line: Every part of my aching heart needs you more than the angels do

John Wayne: This song expresses what I can only describe as Gaga's fetish for cowboys. Even at the beginning of the song she is describing what her ideal man would be. This song connects her to those that are very quiet and secretive about their sexual desires and invites them to let their freak out. Favorite Line: Every John is just the same I'm sick of their city games, I crave a real wild man, I'm strung out on John Wayne

Dancin' In Circles: Maybe this is me looking too far into this, but I feel like thus song could potentially help to battle those that feel alone in being single. The song would make a great break up song because talks about missing a lover but also speaks to moving on. Favorite Line: Dancin' in circles it feels to be lonely

Perfect Illusion:In this song Gaga talks about how much it hurts to feel like you are in love but to realize that you're not. The song doesn't dwell on the pain but more of a realization to how something can feel like love but not be love.Favorite Line:It wasn't love, it wasn't love, it was a perfect illusion, mistaken for love

Million Reasons: This song talks about not wanting to leave a situation that you know is bad for you. I believe that this song would speak to those that are victims of domestic violence, how sometimes in these specific situations you may feel like everything tells you to leave but you stay. Favorite Line: I bow down to pray, try to make the words seem better

Sinner's Prayer: This song speaks to people looking for self-acceptance. Gaga admits to being a sinner and a person of prayer. You analyze's her 'sister's' love and she prays for her safety. She sings of redemption and love in this soulful tune. Favorite Line:He has a funny way of saying forever too fast

Come To Mama: This song speaks of acceptance and unity. This song makes it known that if the way people treat each is not okay and if it is to continue we as a race will not survive. It is kindness that will bring us together and hatred that will bring us together. Favorite Line: Why do we have to put each other down when there is more than enough love to go around?

Hey Girl:Sisterhood is the message behind this song. It tells girls that they should look out for each other and that this life is not a competition. Favorite Line: If you lose your way just know that I got you

Angel Down:This song speaks to what I would best describe as police brutality. It is no secret to all of the crimes that have recently become a habit in the United States. She questions the leaders and stands with what she calls an 'angel down' Favorite Line: Where are our leaders?

Grigio Girls: This songs speaks to the girls who don't live their life according to the plan of everyone else. I believe this song speaks of self acceptance and not shaming girls who have no shame in where they come from. Favorite Line: Keep it real cold because it's a fired up world

Just Another Day:This song is more spunky and it makes you feel better just from listening to it. It lets everyone know that some days are bad but it's just another day. Favorite Line: We both know I could learn a thing or two about behaving, but I love you and after all it's just another day

Angel Down - Work Tape: This song is exactly as it sounds, a raw cut of Angel Down but it doesn't change the importance of the message that currently we live in a world where those who should protect us are against us.

Over all I thoroughly enjoyed the album and I am very impressed with the way Gaga portrays her social beliefs into her music. I am excited to see what everyone thinks of the songs and what they say to everyone else.