This Story Shows The Power of Perserverance

Jere's Story Teaches Women To Be Better Than Their Circumstances

If you ever have the urge to give up or give in, please read this!

232

Someone once said, "Sometimes you have to get knocked down lower than you ever been, to stand up taller than you ever were before." The story you are about to hear has demonstrated the trials and tribulations of an amazing woman named, Jere' De-Ann Reid. If I can tell you the true definition of Black Girl Magic, she would be the perfect fit. She has been knocked so many times, God has implanted the seed for her to grow throughout the circumstances.

I've known Jere' for a long time. I've seen her developed an amazing personality throughout despair and disappointment. I've seen her three girls grow up to fun and fierce young ladies. I mean, they get it from their mother! She became a single mom in a blink of an eye, yet she realized, everything she does, she does it for her three beautiful girls. After years of being a high school teacher, she was inspired to become a lawyer. Yet, throughout everything, she had a strong foundation.

Through every story, there's a foundation. Her foundation is her family. Her loving family has laughed with her, cried with her, and has been a strong system through the difficult times. There were situations that have shaken her faith.

After the unfortunate death of her cousin Peter Jack, she refused to give up on her faith in God. The passing of Peter taught her and her family to live life to the fullest and live for God. Jere' has praised and prayed her way through the best and the worse. This gave her the reason s not to give up on God, and not to give up on herself.

Jere' graduated from Florida A&M University at College of Law. Now, she is studying for the bar exam. Jere' posted this on Facebook, "I share this to inspire anyone going through the many storms of life to remember this one simple lesson: use everything good and bad to shape your victory instead of continuing your defeat. Sometimes you have to get knocked down lower than you have ever been, to stand up taller than you ever were. Just STAND with your blinders on and don't let anything or anyone distract you from your purpose. We are made to be resilient and triumph! Don't be a victim... be Victorious!"

"Today, I am victorious, not only because I accomplished an amazing goal under adverse circumstances, but because I did it by maintaining my peace, moving past the hurt and the anger, and because I truly moved forward with my life. I wasn't blind to attacks, or the horrible things being said or done...I just remembered that no weapon formed against me will prosper and I kept on living. I know we all go through things with the capabilities to break us to the core but I really want to remind you to never stay broken... pick up the pieces and build something even better, build something even greater!"

Admit it, this story gives us the power of dedication, perseverance, and determination. I dare everybody to view her story as a reason for no surrender to the situation. Jere' has taught myself and others to be humble, be kind, work hard, and do it for the people you love.

Her daughters are blessed to have a mother who refused to give in to the situation because her situation was not her final destination.

"She is clothed with strength and dignity. She laughs without fear of the future."

-Proverbs 31:25