Jacksonville Landing Happened Because Of Guns And People
Currently

It Doesn't Matter If Jacksonville Landing Happened Because Of 'Guns' OR 'People,' It’s On Us To Fix It

Unfortunately, this is our new reality.

384

On August 26th, 2018 there was yet ANOTHER shooting. The shooting took place at a video game tournament in Jacksonville Landing, Florida. There have now been shootings at schools, tournaments, nightclubs and the list goes on and on. Pretty soon, at the rate America is going, there will be no place left that is "safe."

I'm sick of it. I'm sick of innocent people dying. I'm sick of people not being on the same side. It doesn't matter if it's the gun or the person, the fact is innocent people are dying and we have done nothing about it, but fight about whichever stance we believe is more at fault.

Yes, people have mental health issues, and yes people can be reckless with guns. Yes, guns have bullets, and if bullets are shot they can kill people. Yes, it is in the amendments that we have the right to bear arms, and yes, plenty of people own guns that won't use them to harm people. Lastly yes, we are so stubborn in thinking that there is only one reason why these people are dying when it is a combination of things.

I'm begging you to stop fighting each other and to fight for a solution. I don't feel safe going anywhere anymore, and no it's not me being paranoid. It's me being concerned for a legitimate reason because shootings keep occurring.

Imagine if you lost your child today, your mother, your father, anyone who means something of value to you. And their cause of death was from being slaughtered like an animal.

This isn't what life should be like, people shouldn't have to live in fear. We need change. Something has to be changed. No one wants to feel helpless, but that's how I feel.

I feel the pain in my hearts for the families who have to live out the rest of their days knowing that there loved one was executed. It's not fair, and I know "life" isn't fair.

But all I'm asking is for people to stop being so closeminded. Each side of this controversial topic has valid points if you would just listen to one another.