It's That Time Of The Semester Again...

It's That Time Of The Semester Again...

Follow these 6 tips to make finals week a little less stressful!
50

Finals can be a very stressful time period for many. Trying to study for every test, doing last minute assignments, and trying to do all the things that you normally do is without a doubt difficult to handle. If your stressed about finals, remember to follow these easy steps to get you through it.

1. Only study one subject at a time.

Do not create more stress for yourself and study one subject then go to another then go back to the other one. Study for each subject once a day so you will not get your information confused.

2. Do not wait until the last minute to study.

Nobody wants to think about finals, because lets face it, just hearing the word makes us stressed out. This is not an excuse to not study! Do not wait until the absolute last minute to study. Studying a little bit everyday will reduce your stress level.

3. Take a break when you are studying.

Do not overwhelm your brain and study the 24 hours that are in the day! Take a break every few hours to give your mind a rest! Go to the gym, go get food, get some sleep, hang out with friends, watch some TV; just do not stay glued to your books all day!

4. Study in a group or with friends.

Studying alone is not always best. Study with a group as well as on your own to gain the perspectives from others. Sometimes studying with others can allow you to remember things a lot more. You can also gain study tips as well as things like mnemonic devices that they thought of, which will allow you to have an easier time to study.

5. Get Sleep and remember to eat.

We all want to do well on our finals, but you have to remember to take care of yourself as well. You are no good to yourself if you do not take care of yourself. By not getting enough sleep or eating, your body will not have any energy. Not having the energy to do anything will create more stress upon yourself.

6. Have confidence in yourself

Finals are very stressful and many of us feel that we are going to fail. One important thing to remember is that you CAN do this. Go into finals week with a positive attitude and confidence within yourself and it will show.

Now I know finals are not easy, but by following these easy steps it will save yourself a lot of stress. Now keep your head up, you got this! You are almost done! Good luck on finals and happy studying!