These Days, It’s Hard to Please the Audience

The audience can be biased or picky. This will lead to negative effects for both the audience and the entertainer.

20
https://www.maxpixels.net/Music-Crowd-Concert-Entertainment-People-Audience-868074

Pleasing the audience is not so easy these days. The audience can be biased or picky. This will lead to negative effects for both the audience and entertainer.

Writers have a tough time with readers and viewers because readers and viewers prefer a subject to read about. The written works get a lot of views and some get less views. Usually, the written works that get a lot of readers and viewers are those that have hot topics in them. Just because the audience prefers these hot topics, that does not mean that writers should write a topic for them. Whatever comes to mind should be the main idea of the article. The audience is the main reason why some writers cannot earn a lot of money. Some writers have to find an extra job to earn more money. Finding an extra job is not that easy.

The audience can also be biased and picky when it comes to presentations. There was a presentation that used a fantasy movie to portray a lesson topic. Some of the classmates gave them bad feedback after the presentation was over. Some of those feedbacks were not related to the content and quality of the presentation. A classmate said that he did not like the actor's hair in the clip. Another one said that the movie was not his thing. The presenters told the teacher about it and the teacher understood how they felt. The teacher said that they did a very good job because their presentation followed the lesson topic and instructions. They knew that some of the classmates were biased or picky because they cared about other hot topics. Caring about their hot topics makes them reject other topics that are not relevant to their hot topics.

Fans of singers or bands are like that as well. Many fans believe that one singer or one band is superior to the rest of the singers or bands. However, other singers or other bands are good and hardworking like that favorite singer or favorite band. Understandably, the favorite singer or favorite band is really good because of the beauty and effort in the favorite singer or favorite band's songs. However, the fans should also try to understand and embrace the other singers or other bands.

What I found to be funny or strange is movies being the number one movie in the world. The commercials always say that for every new movie that comes out. Some critics say that the movie is bad at first, but then later, it became the number one movie in the world by breaking the record at the box office. Is that for real? It is funny that the movies that are number one are the ones with hot topics. I understand that movies with hot topics are good, but we have to understand that other movies are good as well.

Social media shows how the audience is biased or picky, too. On Instagram and Facebook, some people would only press the like button when the person is in the picture. They would not press the like button if they see things like objects, articles, poetry, food, and other pictures that do not have at least someone in the picture. Many people post these "selfie-less" pictures in the "my story" icon on all social media platforms that have it like Snapchat. Snapchat can track friends or followers who see the picture without putting a like button for them to press. As a result, some people compare their social life with others. Some people post inappropriate or fake pictures and videos to gain a lot of attention. I just post pictures and videos in my correct and truthful way.

To make myself not biased and picky, I tell myself to give other people and topics a chance. I read written works despite the main idea or subject. When I watch presentations, I have to understand the topic and see if the presenter is doing the right thing. I will listen to a lot of different songs as best as I can despite the singer or band. I will press the like button for pictures and videos in social media no matter if they have a selfie or no selfie to show that I have seen them. They have to be appropriate and real, though.

People should try to give different people and topics a chance. Even though it is very hard to do so, people should still try to show more compassion and to expand their understanding of the world.